Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 3:48:58 PM EDT
I found a Rem700 BDL in 300WM for $450 and was curious if that would be a good donor gun to my build? Or should I get a new bolt and receiver instead?

Been wanting to build my ultimate long range hunting rifle and figured I would get started this year.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't buy anything you don't plan to use.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy old
Sell the stuff attached to it that you don't need
PROFIT
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there any quality control issues with new stuff compared to older stuff or vice versa
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JeredMD:

Is there any quality control issues with new stuff compared to older stuff or vice versa
View Quote

A new action, bolt and trigger from brownells is about 450 or so. So if you're just going to strip everything down to the action and bolt, why not start with new stuff for the same money spent?

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't buy a 700.  In the end, it's more expensive to fully work up and you still have a 700.

Buy a Stiller action, Bartlein barrel...send to gunsmith of your choice.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top