Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2017 12:09:55 AM EDT
is ZQI 308 bimetal (bad for precision rifle) or just cheaply loaded FMJ that's safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:02:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: md7989] [#1]
The only ZQI 30 cal ammo I've ever seen was the 20 round boxes of 7.62x51 M80 ball 147 gr FMJ. Pretty sure there was no mentioning of bi-metal on them, just a normal copper plated, lead core FMJ.

Got a pic of the ammo and its box in question??
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonathan1994] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By md7989:
The only ZQI 30 cal ammo I've ever seen was the 20 round boxes of 7.62x51 M80 ball 147 gr FMJ. Pretty sure there was no mentioning of bi-metal on them, just a normal copper plated, lead core FMJ.

Got a pic of the ammo and its box in question??
View Quote
This. Sounds like I'm good

I also have some Tul.  The bullets are silver in color.  I assume that really is metallic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
ZQI is copper jacket. Non-magnetic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top