Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 11:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schwag173]
Is there some reason why .260 Remington factory (target) ammunition is so hard to find right now?  Before you say anything about 6.5 Creedmoor, that isn't what I'm talking about.  For example; Why is there almost no Federal Gold-Medal Match .260 to be found?  Hornady ELD-M?

At a gun-show about six months ago I asked an ammo dealer about the possibility of a bulk order of .260 Remington.  He made a couple phone calls before telling me that 'nobody has any, the primary brass manufacturer is getting ready for a mass production run of .260 and I'd just have to wait.'  Six months later, I'm still waiting.  What gives?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Our wholesaler has the federal V shok rounds in stock also the Noslers. I gave our Remington rep crap about this offering a rifle and not having ammo.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easy_E:
Our wholesaler has the federal V shok rounds in stock also the Noslers. I gave our Remington rep crap about this offering a rifle and not having ammo.
View Quote

I'm not interested in hunting ammo (yet), just looking for target ammo right now to put my new rifle through it's paces.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You try Prime ammo?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:28:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Defender3] [#4]
Prime (Norma) is having a sale on theirs.  Buy a case plus a box and they will give you free shipping, use code CASE+1

Also try using ammoseek.

ETA - Prime sale ends today.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Easy_E:
View Quote
It's the Remington way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I meant to add this is the most 260 ammo our wholesalers have had in a long time maybe the hunting ammo was the first runs ? This time a year the quantities build up and then dissappear towards the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
 So what is the issue with Federal and Hornady?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Schwag173:
 So what is the issue with Federal and Hornady?
View Quote

FWIW - I don't think Remington adequately promoted the 260 to the point it's not been one of those mass or semi-mass appeal calibers. Add in there aren't many rifles made in .260 (compared say to a 6.5CM) and I can see why it's not high on the ammo manufacturer's priority list for production, let alone R&D for new target or long range rounds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Defender3:

FWIW - I don't think Remington adequately promoted the 260 to the point it's not been one of those mass or semi-mass appeal calibers. Add in there aren't many rifles made in .260 (compared say to a 6.5CM) and I can see why it's not high on the ammo manufacturer's priority list for production, let alone R&D for new target or long range rounds.
View Quote

But NOBODY has ammo?  I'm not talking about the history of .260, I'm talking about multiple manufacturers who have .260 in their catalogs yet none seems to be available right now.  Not one company, all of them.  Did they all simultaneously cease without announcing it?  Or is this a lull due to other factors, like the coming season?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Here ya go. The price sucks.

260 match

You might consider taking up reloading as the brass is readily available and you would save a ton of money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By riflecrank:
Here ya go. The price sucks.

260 match

You might consider taking up reloading as the brass is readily available and you would save a ton of money.
View Quote

I already reload and wouldn't buy that ammo even if I didn't.  My question was and still is; where is the Federal & Hornady?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I already reload and wouldn't buy that ammo even if I didn't.  My question was and still is; where is the Federal & Hornady?
View Quote

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/260-remington/Hornady

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/260-remington/Federal

Nothing in those searches tickle your fancy?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By md7989:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By md7989:

WHOA!  I've been watching ammoseek.com for the past six months, was seeing almost nothing (.260 target ammo), and last looked about two weeks ago.  Timing is everything, I guess.  Thank you.  :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Hornady 130gr ELD-M and 129gr SST for the win.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I havnt been having a problem finding hornady 130 Eldm or prime 130's. I dont look for the others, way too pricy for me considering the two I mentioned shoot lights out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top