[#1]
6X45=270
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mousegun:
6X45=270
View Quote

Ummm....what u talkin bout??  Not the same cartridge.  Not the same ballistics.  Not the same caliber.  Not the same....

Well, I guess they are both brass cased cartridges......  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Ummm....what u talkin bout??  Not the same cartridge.  Not the same ballistics.  Not the same caliber.  Not the same....

Well, I guess they are both brass cased cartridges......  What am I missing?
View Quote

6 times 45 equals 270.......

I had a custom 6x47........a helluva good cartridge and VERY accurate....
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DanaHillen:

6 times 45 equals 270.......

I had a custom 6x47........a helluva good cartridge and VERY accurate....
View Quote

HAHAHAHAH

Well, the 6x47 is completely different than the 6x45.  A 6x45 is a 5.56 necked up to 6mm to shoot .243 projectiles.  No changes to any other part of the firearm except the barrel.  Looks fun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 6X45 Remington 700.  24" Shilen Select Match LV benchrest weight barrel.  

The 6X45 is extremely accurate for some reason.  I almost can't find a bad load for it.  

6mm match bullets are plentiful and very accurate.  I've run up to 105 grainers due to my 1X8 twist but velocity is really slow.  Uses 223 brass with only a run through the sizer to make the neck 6mm.   Powders are pretty much every one the 223 uses.  Benchmark, IMR 8208, and CFE223 work for me.   Barrel life is about forever since its so mild.  Recoil is on par with same weight bullets in 223.  

Should be the same results in an AR if you are converting one to 6X45.  Only limit there is mag length.  I can load long in my bolt gun.  

Its a fun round.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
^^^ Same exact experience. Up to 85-87 grain bullets you can still get them going pretty darned fast. After that velocities drop pretty quick. Extremely effective on medium game like smallish deer, coyote, pig and all manner of varmints. With the right bullet for the purpose at hand it was a nice upgrade over a .223 for everything I wanted a rifle of that power level to do. Not a good idea if you have .223's laying around too unless you practice really good separation and labeling discipline.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
@GLC1 what kind of velocities were you getting with the 105's? what coal where you seating them to? Barrel length

Another guy and myself are developing a improved 6x45 here in the near future and just trying to gauge performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top