Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 11:40:17 AM EDT
I am looking for a drag bag or soft case for my Ruger Precision that will actually protect the rifle and scope. I heard the Midway are hit or miss when it comes to quality, what other brands do you recommend? I have a hard case but it is just a little too much bulk in my small car.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I was going to recommend the Midway drag bag.  They're well padded, and they balance out well once you put some ammo and mags in the rear pouches.  
The overall reviews on Midway USA are overwhelmingly positive.  Yes there have been a few people who've had some quality control issues, but they are definitely in the minority.  
Worst case scenario - Buy one, and if it doesn't meet your expectations send it back.  

Is it "combat tough"?  Probably not.  But it doesn't cost $500 either.  
Plenty good enough to haul to and from the range or take on a hunt, though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DronE] [#2]
I just got a 50" Midway drag bag in tiger stripe camo on sale shipped to the house for $45. Looks like the sale is over though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with this mat/case from Midway USA

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DronE:
I just got a 50" Midway drag bag in tiger stripe camo on sale shipped to the house for $45. Looks like the sale is over though.
View Quote
For $45 shipped I would have jumped all over it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
The Midway drag bags have a very good reputation.
More like $180, but the Galati drag bag is nice. Very thick nylon. http://www.wiskurtactical.com/prod/DB4812B.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DHwreckage] [#6]
check midway i also got a drag bag from them 1 or 2 months ago and it was super marked down ($45) i also got the gen II competition shooting mat. they still might be on sale and it was color dependent, but at $45 it could be purple and i wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#7]
Originally Posted By DHwreckage:
check midway i also got a drag bag from them 1 or 2 months ago and it was super marked down ($45)...
View Quote
I did something similar...  ordered a bag from Midway late last week - on sale (exact $ was color dependent) - I paid $41 for the bag!  I was just browsing (clicked a link in one of their many emails) and stumbled on the bag - wasn't actually looking for another bag but at that price, I couldn't pass it up!   ...also picked up a rear bag for $17!  The bag is no longer on sale and is now $85.  The rear bag is still available at the same price HERE.  It is the bag at the back end of the stock in the photo below.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#8]
The Midway bags are absolute garbage.  They're usable for 1-2x per year for the guy who is super careful loading into and out of the car, and doesn't care about using a stolen design from Eagle made in Chinese slave labor factories by inmates who have been arrested on order of whatever local corrupt party member runs the region they live in.

Chinese female inmates making your tactical gear on knock off Chicom copies of Juki machines:

Every time you buy one, you support that system of enslavement.

The zipper pulls break off, the stitching between the layers comes apart, and the webbing pulls out.  The plastic hardware is garbage, and the snap fasteners pull out of the rivets with normal use because the slave who installed them on the press didn't care, was just sitting there in despair cranking out numbers with no QC supervisor. Takes too much time to QC that many bags, so as long as the bags keep stacking with that fine Chinese river urea-colored Chidura imitation fabric, everyone is happy.

I've got a friend's here that has all of those issues that I feel like replacing for him if I could find a real Eagle bag.

You couldn't give me one.

Get a real Eagle and don't look back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jd138:
The Midway drag bags have a very good reputation.
More like $180, but the Galati drag bag is nice. Very thick nylon. http://www.wiskurtactical.com/prod/DB4812B.html
View Quote
No, the Midway imitation Chinese drag bags are pure garbage and have a terrible reputation in every way.

Wiskurtactical you linked even knocked off the Eagle Industries logo, as well as their products.  That's freaking shameless.

You can get real Eagle rifle bags now from CDNN for half that price, made in USA, real Cordua, bomb-proof construction, real US components, made by people with actual QC standards in place.

CDNN Eagle Sale
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#10]
Not seeing longer bags (45") in Eagle in stock anyway.

Any thoughts on Drago products.  About $85 for a longer tac rifle case.  No, not made in USA.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Not seeing longer bags (45") in Eagle in stock anyway.

Any thoughts on Drago products.  About $85 for a longer tac rifle case.  No, not made in USA.
View Quote
If you need longer look at voodoo or condor for what looks to be decent bags...I ordered and Aim55 for my bolt...its just shy of 52" overall length..it had all the options I wanted....should be here in a week or two...
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Voodoo and Condor look GTG....thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
TAB Gear makes a rifle cover that has padding in the scope and muzzle area. You can still use the bipod and sling with the cover on. It's not a drag bag, but will protect your rifle. If you're running a can you can have it made with an extension that will cover the can when it is on, and when it's not it folds back and clips to the side.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:

No, the Midway imitation Chinese drag bags are pure garbage and have a terrible reputation in every way.

Wiskurtactical you linked even knocked off the Eagle Industries logo, as well as their products.  That's freaking shameless.

You can get real Eagle rifle bags now from CDNN for half that price, made in USA, real Cordua, bomb-proof construction, real US components, made by people with actual QC standards in place.

CDNN Eagle Sale
View Quote
I like mine so far and I have brought it to the range about 8 times in the last 3 months that I’ve had it. I’m not particularly gentle with it, but it is holding up well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 2:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I ended up ordering an Aim dragbag from England..pretty happy with the quality..not a bunch of bags out there that fit an over 52" rifle....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:23:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AHC222] [#16]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
The Midway bags are absolute garbage.  They're usable for 1-2x per year for the guy who is super careful loading into and out of the car, and doesn't care about using a stolen design from Eagle made in Chinese slave labor factories by inmates who have been arrested on order of whatever local corrupt party member runs the region they live in.

Chinese female inmates making your tactical gear on knock off Chicom copies of Juki machines:

http://www.theorient.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2010_china_rehab.jpg

Every time you buy one, you support that system of enslavement.

The zipper pulls break off, the stitching between the layers comes apart, and the webbing pulls out.  The plastic hardware is garbage, and the snap fasteners pull out of the rivets with normal use because the slave who installed them on the press didn't care, was just sitting there in despair cranking out numbers with no QC supervisor. Takes too much time to QC that many bags, so as long as the bags keep stacking with that fine Chinese river urea-colored Chidura imitation fabric, everyone is happy.

I've got a friend's here that has all of those issues that I feel like replacing for him if I could find a real Eagle bag.

You couldn't give me one.

Get a real Eagle and don't look back.
View Quote
Sorry for bumping this thread late, but I was wondering if you could link where all Eagle Industries is USA made? I'm not seeing it specified on their website and found this old thread on here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Eagle_Industries_WTF_/10-316321/

or this one:

https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=68145
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought this one at Cabellas last weekend.

Cabelas soft case

Link Posted: 3/11/2019 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
TAB Gear makes a rifle cover that has padding in the scope and muzzle area. You can still use the bipod and sling with the cover on. It's not a drag bag, but will protect your rifle. If you're running a can you can have it made with an extension that will cover the can when it is on, and when it's not it folds back and clips to the side.
View Quote
Wilde Custom Gear has a padded scope/muzzle cover for $46 and change, plus it's available in more fabric patterns. I have one in ATACS FG on my 6.5CM AR. Very well-made (not to knock TAB Gear, as my bag rests and shooting mat made by them are excellent).
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#19]
Originally Posted By lew:

Wilde Custom Gear has a padded scope/muzzle cover for $46 and change, plus it's available in more fabric patterns. I have one in ATACS FG on my 6.5CM AR. Very well-made (not to knock TAB Gear, as my bag rests and shooting mat made by them are excellent).
View Quote

I picked up a couple of those at their 10% off sale. I also have a couple of their butt stock cover/accessories.  They make solid stuff and its US built.

They have a very interesting line of shooting gear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve had good luck with my Voodoo.  Not sure what the going rate is now, but I think I got it for under 100 several years ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcb] [#22]
Sort of surprised no one has mentions Armageddon Gear.

https://www.armageddongear.com/Precision-Rifle-Case_p_108.html

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
I ended up ordering an Aim dragbag from England..pretty happy with the quality..not a bunch of bags out there that fit an over 52" rifle....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

Yea, it hard to find a regular soft rile bag that will handle a 52" or longer rifle, but I did find one.

Originally Posted By mcb:
Sort of surprised no one has mentions Armageddon Gear.

https://www.armageddongear.com/Precision-Rifle-Case_p_108.html

I am also surprised that no one has mentioned GA Precision range bag made by Armageddon Gear and it's only 69.99. It is very basic, but it is built well and works as advertised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top