Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 7:36:08 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with this bag/mat? I'm looking for something simple for my RPR for the range and I like the idea of a case/mat combo instead of two separate things.

Midway

I really like the Larue version and First Spear R37 but I can't justify $300+ on just a soft case
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it and a few other midway bags. Good stuff for the money but definitely wait and get it on sale. 150 bucks is a little much. Mine carries my rifle and kit up and down a bunch of rugged hills every month during my monthly long range match. It's also been with me to literally hundreds of BLM spots. The backpack straps are reasonably comfy and sit at the right spot to keep you from banging the back of your knees on the bag. It's a little heavy, like 4-5lbs feels like. The exterior pockets are cavernous and fit my magnetospeed and 100 rounds of rifle ammo plus snacks, drinks, and little things.

The shooting mat is nice. Lightly padded, keeps the belly off the dirt.

Here's a pic of mine with my coach's 6xc Savage and my .223 Mossberg MVP sitting on top for scale.  https://ballisticxlr.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/img_1114.jpg

The reason for waiting till it's on sale... there's enough little things that you'll feel a lot better about it being on sale than paying full price.

Now that I've answered your actual question: Eberlestock dude. Eberlestock. http://www.eberlestock.com/store/lodrag-pack That's the shiznit and worth every penny. I'd way rather have that and keep a rollup mat inside it than own the midway bag, looking back anyway.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I have a couple of midway bags as well and have always been happy with them so it's good to hear this lives up to the same standard as well. I was going to wait for it to go on sale too.

That pack looks really nice but I don't think it's for me. I don't see myself humping this rifle around that much to make it useful. I really just need something to case it for trips to the range and the occasional class. I'm torn between a combo case like this midway one or just a simple soft case and a dedicated mat. I'll keep this pack bookmarked tho in case my situation changes
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a few on sale (50% IIRC) a few months ago.

For the past several months they have been clearancing soft goods (cases, bags, etc.) especially ones in "off" colors loke OD, 6-Color Desert, Tiger Stripe, etc.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive been using one for about a year works very well, i needed it primarily for the length.  The mat is nice also comes with little stakes to hold it down. I really only use it for transporting my rifle and range duty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top