Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 7:30:41 PM EDT
Is this a good piece of kit?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine!

It is the proper tool to use for scope mounts and such.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but it's a pretty good tool for mounting scopes and whatnot.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure there are better units out there, but I've used one at work for over 3 years, and owned one personally for a few months now and it's been good for me. Appears to torque to the proper spec, biggest issue personally is the lack of fine adjustment (1-2 lb intervals), I much prefer the Vortex unit I have as far as that's concerned because I can torque to the in/LB rather than guessing a bit with the Wheeler.

For the price though I think they're pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The Vortex only runs to 50" pounds which is a little light for some stock bolts.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine a lot. I've had one now for a few years. Used it on two builds and other projects around the house.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Digital unit is crap. I've had three now and they are dodgy.

I'd stick with the break over model.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
For the price.. meh. It's nice, I have one and use it but honestly I only bring it when I'm weight limited and bringing proper tools isn't going to work. When I'm at home or have the ability to take some tools with me then I use a proper Snap-On in/lbs ratchet type tq wrench. Snap-On is fiendishly expensive as a way to do that but there are other brands in the world that have respectable quality.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#9]
I got a Husky 1/4" torque driver with a Home Depot gift card. Seems to be much better made than the Fat and has a lifetime guarantee.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Hex-Inch-Torque-Screw-Driver-H4DTRQ/204772217
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigcraig:
I love mine!

It is the proper tool to use for scope mounts and such.
View Quote
In addition to the above, I also use mine for my SCAR16. Very useful tool. Mine is the non digital model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top