Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 2:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DenverDave]
I am interested in mounting my bipod in a configuration similar to that on an AI chassis, utilizing a spigot or pic rail that extends forward of my chassis.  The idea here is to get my bipod out further forward.  A spigot set up would be ideal but a rail extension could possibly work.

The versa pod and neo pod have male spigots adapters that attach to a pic rail.  Pictured below:

NeoPod:

Versa Pod:

The AI spigot adapter for Atlas is a male type, so it would not connect with the male Versa and Neo pod adapters.

AI Atlas Spigot Adapter:

To make this work I would need either:
A) a female spigot adapter that attaches to the Atlas that could accept either the NeoPod or VersaPod male spigots.

B) A female spigot adapter that attaches to a piccatinny rail adapter and accepts the Atlas/BT AI male spigot adapter on the bipod.

I would be setting this up on my XLR element chassis.  Its modular so the pic rail is screwed into the bottom side of the chassis forend.  So a rail adapter on the rifle end is possibly not necessary if there is an adapter that meets my needs but is not designed to attach to a pic rail, perhaps it could be  modified to attach directly to the chassis.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
I just found this photo.  AI makes this for their AX rifles, which use a keymod like modular system (they have there own name for it, KeySlot maybe).  Anyone know of a similar adapter that attaches to a pic rail not KM?  Alternatively, If possible, I could attach this adapter to the bipod then using the versa pod male spigot adapter to attach it to the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top