Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 1:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DenverDave]
I am looking for a low-profile rail adapter for my Harris bipod. I have found these two options:

1) Short Action Precision

2) Arisaka

Can anyone suggest another alternative?

Also interested in a spigot type set up.  I have an Atlas and Harris bipods.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue is a good one as well
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nemsis:
LaRue is a good one as well
View Quote
As far as I have ever been able to find though it is only available if you purchase a complete bipod.  If I could buy one separately I would do so but I have the bipods already.

The number is LT706 and it isn't on the website by itself...I just looked

ETA: I had the Larue mount on my first Atlas but bought the ADM for the second and actually like the ADM more.  Mainly because the lever locks in place.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Try calling them they might sell it separate they're pretty easy to deal with
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Try calling them they might sell it separate they're pretty easy to deal with
View Quote
I thought about it but by the time I buy the mount by itself ($85+ I am sure) and I pay the $10 to ship it I might as well just buy the ADM as it is $77 shipped and I don't have to call anyone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah if you get too crazy with add ons your back to Atlas prices
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Daniel defense made one that isn't hardly wiser than a bottom rail section. I have one at home I bought off Amazon for 50 bucks.

Here it is

Daniel Defense
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I came in to suggest the Larue and adapter.  I hadn't seen the ADM before.

I've thought about picking up one of the GG&G accucam bipod mounts since they are cheaper than the ADM and Larue mounts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of you need to follow the links in the OP to see what he is looking for

He is looking for a picatinny adapter that replaces the sling swivel stud mounting system of the Harris.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

He is looking for a picatinny adapter that replaces the sling swivel stud mounting system of the Harris.
View Quote
I was talking about the LT706, but as you mentioned, it's not sold separately. Today is the first time I've seen the SAP/ADM model.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

View Quote
Yup, you're right.  I never even knew such an animal existed like what's in the op
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 of the arisaka mounts now and absolutely love them. For the money it's hard to beat them. No longer have to worry about the tension on the swivel stud coming loose and its a much lower profile mounting system.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Silent_Prodigy] [#13]
Arisaka Defense Harris bipod mount

I have two of these on my precision rigs.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ccollins02] [#14]
Originally Posted By DenverDave:
I am looking for a low-profile rail adapter for my Harris bipod. I have found these two options:

1) Short Action Precision

2) Arisaka

Can anyone suggest another alternative?

Also interested in a spigot type set up.  I have an Atlas and Harris bipods.
View Quote
I use both of these on my match rigs, one on either one. Both are great upgrades to the Harris, light years ahead of the stud adapters. Just really boils down to whether you want the QD of the ADM mount or not. I prefer the ADM just for the QD feature but both are nice pieces of hardware.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the ADM and find that it works really well. Locking QD feature is especially great.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got the Arisaka with their QD mount and sent it right back. Very loose and wobbly. I could never get used to that. Got the Badger Ordinance one on the way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#17]
That’s weird I have the arasaka non qd on my very heavy .338 Lapua rifle and it holds its tension and works great.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#18]
That’s weird I have the arasaka non qd on my very heavy .338 Lapua rifle and it holds its tension and works great.
View Quote
Yes the old, non qd one looked fine. Their qd mount is no bueno.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top