Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 7:45:43 AM EDT
Hey guys I have a question about the Badger M5 bottom metal. I Have a remington 700 varmint that I am slowly building. I have found a stock that I want to buy for it that is already Inletted for Badger M5 bottom metal. The problem is that I dont have my bottom metal yet I know that the inlet for the badger metal is larger than factory, so my question is, can I just bolt up the factory remington 700 bottom metal for a temporary fix until I find some bottom metal? Like I said this will only be temporary, will the rifle still function properly? Has anyone ever done this before? and if so does anyone have any pictures. Thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't work out right. Maybe you can use shims. Badger is thicker.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
IF money is an issue, PTG stealth bottom metal ist he same inlet. Around 125 for it I believe.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:
IF money is an issue, PTG stealth bottom metal ist he same inlet. Around 125 for it I believe.
View Quote

It does have the same dimensions.. and it a very good option. I had my stock inlet ted for a M5 and then bought a PTG bottom. Has been working great, at half the cost.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: policeman] [#4]
I understand you like the Badger but they are almost unobtainium for a decent price.

Order one from CDI and send your stock to them.  They will reinlet it for theirs free.  I am not sure of the price but its cheaper than Badger.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Or buy once cry once.  Badger
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Joe_556:
View Quote
In what ways is the Badger better than the other offerings?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
Originally Posted By Joe_556:
I was going to ask the same question.. I chose the PT&G M5 knock off due to price as I don't need to HALO from 30K with my rifle... it fit in a M5 inlet ted stock (Done by Badger by the way)
works with AICS and Magpul ACIS mags and has worked great for the last year on my rifle.

I would be hard pressed to justify the Badger... based on my PT&G experience.

I think because they were selling to the .Mil, they got to pull a Trijicon and charge a lot, now they have competition.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for PTG  if you're not going  with  Badger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top