Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2016 12:31:09 AM EDT
I would like to get a muzzle brake for my Savage 10T long range target gun.  Having a gunsmith thread my barrel and install a brake is going to cost at least half of what I paid for the gun.  Anyone used a clamp on type muzzle brake?  I would have safety concerns with a cheapo one so I dont mind spending $150 for a higher end model.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:55:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic5586] [#1]
This is what you seek...

I am thinking about getting one for my 300 win.. However if I get the barrel threaded, I can put a can on it..

I did a search here on ARFCOM and saw nothing but good reviews..

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:15:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DenverDave] [#2]
I read a little blurb on Snipers Central LINK that said these German models where the best Roeday LINK

The whole idea does make me nervous.  I read a post where the guy said he flew off.  Following posts in the thread implied that the OP had not installed/ordered (fit) it correctly.  I also watched an install video where the guy used 15lbs per inch on the clamp screws-Thats it! 15lbs???
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say just do it right in the first place and get it threaded.

If you ever want to use a suppressor or a different muzzle device you will easily be able to.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone else posted the Kahntrol Clamp on muzzlebrake is awesome!

I had one on my Howa 1500 in 308... It essentially completely reduced the recoil to the point when I fired the rifle without any shoulder contact it would (on bipod and monopod) the rifle would hop a little and only come back maybe 1/2" (due to friction from the bipod and monopod gripping the table).

On my shoulder the rifle felt like a .223.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone here tried the Roedale?  Both Kontrol and Witt seem to have good reviews but IMO they are just Fugley.... especially the Witt.  I have also seen a few knock offs of the Roedale, basicaly identical design, from a company in New Zealand.   Price was pretty high... Anyone know a US manufacturer making a Roedale style brake?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top