Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 10:44:13 PM EDT
I saw this:

Anyone seen or have any info on something like this?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Truck moves way to much with any bit of breeze  to yard out over 500
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
plus if you shoot a longer rifle and/or pull yourself in close to the tailgate you could blow out a tail light
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty easy to make.  I use my tailgate when shooting at the farm.  Brass stays in the bed and no more easter egg hunting for it so it doesn't wind up in a mower or bale of hay.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful when using a muzzle brake

Video
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IceBerg1163:
plus if you shoot a longer rifle and/or pull yourself in close to the tailgate you could blow out a tail light
View Quote

This, I blew the tail light out of my dodge from muzzel blast once.  It does look like a nice portable bench though, with the wood over the tail gate. Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rlb40x:

This, I blew the tail light out of my dodge from muzzel blast once.  It does look like a nice portable bench though, with the wood over the tail gate. Not a bad idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rlb40x:
Originally Posted By IceBerg1163:

My father has pictures from when he got his .338 win mag.  He tried sighting it in off the hood of the pickup.  Nice hot Utah summer day and the muzzle blast actually spider webbed the front windshield.  Window was only a week old so he thinks it may of been installed wrong but I always wonder if it was just the muzzle blast alone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
$40 shooting mat or a sheet of cardboard on the ground and done.

I don't see the point, not very solid....  I suppose the elderly or those who would have difficulty getting up and down.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot off the tailgate of my dads silverado using a rear bag and bipod. Has worked great out to 1k so far
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top