Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2015 6:12:51 PM EDT

I'm in the market for a nice shooting mat. Who makes the nicest one out there?

Thanx

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Creedmore has been at the top of my list for a long time. They make some good mats.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of shooting mat?   for high power that is designed to grip the pads on the sleeves of your shooting coat? something you can pack for field use?  you need waterproof?  padded? lightweight? camo?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By taliv:

what kind of shooting mat?   for high power that is designed to grip the pads on the sleeves of your shooting coat? something you can pack for field use?  you need waterproof?  padded? lightweight? camo?
View Quote

Roll-up for field use. I don't mind partially padded (but not a deal killer), would like it to be Multicam (but not a deal killer), the lighter the better, waterproof....and possibly have a pocket or two for my book and an extra mag or two.

I'm flexible, but want quality craftsmanship.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By hh47:

Creedmore has been at the top of my list for a long time. They make some good mats.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll look into them.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Shooting-Mat.html

that's what you want

[tom servo]No one will be admitted during the breathtaking mat unrolling scene![/tom servo]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: taliv] [#6]
delete
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of these and love it. They are a bit pricey but they are American maded by a great family owned business. Worth every penny
The wilderness precision rifle deployment pad
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the shooting mat from Midwayusa. It works good, is padded and has pockets. I've had it for a few outings with zero problems.

midwayusa.com/product/276544/midwayusa-pro-series-competition-shooting-mat
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By taliv:
https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Shooting-Mat.html

that's what you want

[tom servo]No one will be admitted during the breathtaking mat unrolling scene![/tom servo]
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 6:40:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flynbye] [#10]
I have this and it is very nice. I had a two day rifle class and made it very pleasant. I was really surprised on the craftsmanship. This one product has made me start to look at more voodoo products

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002MSCZUQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1452594965&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=voodoo+tactical+shooting+mat&dpPl=1&dpID=31L-imgRslL&ref=plSrch
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I started making my own....  Packs down nice, I can change out the thickness of the padding if I want and I can tension the bipod of my shooting iron for a stable platform.  If photobucket would work i'd post a picture.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Triad mats are very good.  been using them for years.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for the Midway USA mat.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By IceBerg1163:
I have the shooting mat from Midwayusa. It works good, is padded and has pockets. I've had it for a few outings with zero problems.

View Quote

I have this also.    Very pleased with the mat and the price
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bigkahuna48026:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigkahuna48026:
Originally Posted By IceBerg1163:

+1 good mat and great price. It is large when unrolled so that was a plus for me since I am taller then the average joe.  

It is not something I would put on a pack to carry around
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 for the Midway USA mat.  I've had mine for a couple of years and its still holding up pretty well. The price and overall value is pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heisman01] [#17]
shooting mat

i use this cabelas one, its pretty nice overall
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#19]
If you have a sewing machine, or have a friend who has a sewing machine, you can make one.
Two pieces of nylon, your choice of colors, and some carpet padding from any home improvement store and you'll get something pretty close to a service rifle mat.
If you want it to be waterproof (which the vast majority of mats are not) just hit it with come spray-on Camp Dry.

It's really not that tough.

This one measures 36"x72"

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Not being particularly smart, other than laying on it, what are some other things you can do with a mat?  dig in the bipod legs to load it?  Pockets for ballistic charts?  I bought one the DB made at Leavenworth and its nifty.  But I am just using it to lay on.  I'm sure there is more to it than that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Crosstac
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I have the voodoo tactical and I love it. Their gear is really pretty damn good stuff. I have a few of their cases and a drag bag, along with a couple of packs and it's all held up fine for the few years I've owned it.

There's a store near me in so cal that sells Voodoo stuff so it's easier for me to walk in and get my hands on it before I buy it :)
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the Voodoo mat and it's good if you're shooting on concrete and want the padding but it's a little bulky if you wanna pack it in somewhere. 

With packing it in, in mind I got the Tab Gear and really dig it. 
Pits water resistant and I've sprayed it with additional water repellent. Comes in multicam, kryptek as well as solid colors. 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
One with the partially-sewn webbing to catch your bipod feet would be nice.

Other than that, not sure what else unless you need packable. I will say the rubber non-slip on my $30 midway mat started tearing quickly.

Had a nice Dillon service rifle mat that was very well made, but it was stolen at the range (who steals a mat?)
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a few blackhawk shooting mat/dragbags back in 08. They have served me very well. The mud rinses rigjt off and they never stained!
I went to a school in november once. Mid week we had a Remain Over Night drill. Me and my team mate used two ponchos and two poncholiners to make a hooch. We used these drag bags to sleep on. It got down in the mid 40's that night. Those mats worked great for ground barriers!!!
Wish ida bought a few more!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3D-Seth] [#26]
Just got my Cole-Tac mat in the mail and already love it. Great work, and they do a little customization with a lot of colors too. Padded or non padded, wings no wings, strap color, base color etc. etc. Rolls up into about a 6-inch diameter roll too (padded version). Can't be beat for the price IMHO.

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/go-to-shooting-mat/#base-color
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#27]
The nicer, bigger Midway Mat is an awesome mat, but get it on sale. You can roll it if you want, nut it's designed to be folded so the dirty side never touches the top side.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top