Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2017 4:41:55 PM EDT
I own a Savage VSS in .22 mag and the 3x9x38 isn't cutting it anymore with my older eyes.  I'm looking for at least a 12x in a sliver finish to match the rifle.  None of the usual suspects seem to make one at the power I'm looking for.  The rifle cost me $300.00 about 10 years ago and I generally don't spend over 50% of rifle cost on a scope. Anyone know where I can get this elusive scope?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just  looked on Nikon's website and they have a dozen or so.Midsouth Shooter Supply has some as well. Bing is a friend.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have my Weaver Optics T36 (36x40mm) with fine crosshair reticle in silver. It appears to still be in production.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Last I knew Leupold had a nice selection of silver colored scopes, so did Sightron.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Nikon has a Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40 BDC in silver but it's $319 and not a rimfire scope so no 50 yard parallax.  I'm not really sure if the parallax is that much of an issue with a .22WMR compared to the .22LR though.  Honestly if you are looking for a decent scope at half the cost of your gun you might be SOL.  Those Savage's are pretty accurate rifles and considerably more expensive these days so when you consider 50% of what a comparable rifle today would cost your budget range for your scope increases significantly.  If you look at like that spending $300+ sounds just right .  

I put a Nikon silver finish Monarch 2.5-10x40 BDC on my stainless Savage 116 FCSS .30-06 a couple years ago and they are good scopes.  I think I have 3 rifles now with Nikon scopes on them, very good glass for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top