Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 11:38:02 AM EDT
Anyone done it?  I have confirmed that they can put a CDS dial on my 1990's Vari-X but I have to send in for them to add the CDS mount.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done that, but I have sent scopes back to Leupold to change reticles. Relatively quick and painless other than the price. If you want the dial send it in.

Post your pictures when it comes back, others may want to do the same thing. I have a 3.5x10 Vari-X III mounted on an old Remington 700 Police Model from the 1980's. It looks very close to a M40 Marine sniper rifle from the Vietnam war. I may get the dials just to bring it into the 21st Century.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you piqued my interest I went to the Leupold site and they do not list these older scopes as being eligible for the dials. The new VX-3 is listed on selected models, not the VX-III which is different.

Kenton Industries makes BDC dials for various scopes, they may be able to help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
We did it with a VX-3. Leupolds web page says to call and verify.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will post pic's, etc.

I did call to verify that my Vari-X III (3.5-10) can have the CDS (and S1, and others) added.  I gave them the serial number and they said that they would install for the same $70.  The will also clean and inspect for free.

I asked and was told the CDS is a little more robust in that rep's opinion than the S1 (google that) so I am going that route.  

My scope is 1992 build, they have to add (replace?) a small part between the existing recessed dial and the new.

I have a Mark4 so tossed the idea of the same turrets for the Vari-X but nah, want lower profile.  Just adding elevation dial, will hold for wind and the limitation of dialing 600-700 is plenty this for a hunting rig that goes on the rare extended distance shooting trips.

Would like to hear from others who have the CDS dials as to how solid and audible the clicks are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top