Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 10:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonblack]
Where can I find those "stocks" that are use to demo/display scopes?

You see them in use at places like Bass Pro and Gander Mountain. I would like to have some for my store as we sell a lot of scopes and it would help the buyer get a better feel for the scope.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine your distributor  should know.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Crazy idea, but you know Gander is going out of business. They might sell you some.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I just spent about 10 mins looking for ya. Nothing but an old listing on eBay where a guy was selling like 8 for $50.

Like the other poster said, try scoring some from a closing Gander Mountain store.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rooster4bravo:
Crazy idea, but you know Gander is going out of business. They might sell you some.
View Quote
Was going to say this.  Your timing to buy the stocks is perfect OP.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonblack] [#5]
I did look at some of those stocks at my closest Gander Mountain, which is about 100 miles away. They were in pretty rough shape from a few years of being on display and I think you had to buy the whole scope display, which was some raggedy Center Point scopes. I might look at another Gander if I come across one the next time I am in Texas or Texarkana, AR.

The bootom line is, some company makes these because every major retailer has them. I just need to find out who it is.

I saw some pretty nice ones when I went into one of the new Field & Stream stores in Austin, TX, a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Man, I just spent about 10 mins looking for ya. Nothing but an old listing on eBay where a guy was selling like 8 for $50.
View Quote
Thanks. I have been watching eBay on and off for a few months. I have seen a few completed auctions but haven't caught a current auction.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of the ones I have seen look suspiciously similar to 10/22 stocks.
Maybe you could grab a few factory stock take offs, and some marine rubber pole clips:

...and make your own?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonblack] [#8]
barrysuperhawk those look great!

I came up with another similar idea using the clamps that are design to hold brooms and mops on the wall but your idea is much more simplistic.

I will look at the marine supply shop the next time I am over there.

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#9]
I just mounted a picatinny rail to a block of wood, and then mounted that block to a beater Garand stock.

People grinned at me at the range when I set it in a rest, but it worked real well.

ETA: The scope has to be mounted in rings--dunno if that is a deal-breaker or not for a shop.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:
ETA: The scope has to be mounted in rings--dunno if that is a deal-breaker or not for a shop.
View Quote
Yeah, mounting the scopes in rings would be a deal breaker. Many times we are comparing two or three scopes and no customer is going to want to buy a scope they feel might have been in a set of rings when the previous customer was previewing it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I've gone down this road a little.  If you can find the rubber hardware to suit you, Boyd's would sell you stock blanks.  This would give you a flat spot on the top for mounting your hardware.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
...If you can find the rubber hardware to suit you, Boyd's would sell you stock blanks.  This would give you a flat spot on the top for mounting your hardware.  
View Quote
Nice. I will give Boyd's a call and see what they have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top