Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
I know that the Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42 is discontinued. Cabelas has them on closeout right now. What are/were they like?? I have 3 Burris Fullfields in the Ballistic Plex that I really like for the money. But, I'd like something that I can adjust easily to shoot 650/800 yds on a .308. Just saw the ad and was wondering. Was figuring on looking at a Vortex actually. Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one on a 308. It does ok out to 600 for me, my only gripe is it has the goofy milling reticle not mil dot like others. Burris made them both ways as far as I know. Mine is similar to bdc. It's getting swapped to another unit, got a bushnell instead for the distance stuff. Glass is decent. Turrets are good clicks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm considering picking one up myself for my SPR or backup .308 rig. I would like to hear some feedback myself. Seems like a great deal for the current price...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No idea if it would be similarly afflicted but the 1-4x MTAC I have has 2+ MOA of drift (horizontal more than vertical) as you dial elevation in the limited testing I've done.  It takes at least one and sometimes 3 rounds to settle.

Not a big deal on a scope you zero and leave alone but if you want to dial for range it's not so fun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:21:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ccollins02] [#4]
I stopped by a local Cabelas today to finally check one of the scopes out. I figured if I liked it, it would make a good value optic for my backup rig. For the discount price of $299, this seems like a deal for what it is. I ended up coming home with one, even got an extra 5% off. Glass is really clear and the reticle is surprisingly nice. The turret adjustments aren't nearly as positive at my Viper HST or PST, but adequate. Parallax is adjustable on the front bell which
Is something new to me. The only thing I didn't like is that it didn't come with any sort of scope caps, which is minor. For the discount price, this is a killer value and I wouldn't think twice about buying one. If it was full price however, I think you could find a little better glass in that price range.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates on this? Is this the G2B reticle or the “milling reticle”?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one with the gen 2 mil-dot and it’s a nice scope. Tracks well and returns to zero. I wish it had a side focus but not a big deal. They’re are still some out there on closeouts.

https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mtac-rifle-scope-4-5x14x42mm-pa-g2b-mil-dot-matte.html
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RFutch:
I have one with the gen 2 mil-dot and it’s a nice scope. Tracks well and returns to zero. I wish it had a side focus but not a big deal. They’re are still some out there on closeouts.

https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mtac-rifle-scope-4-5x14x42mm-pa-g2b-mil-dot-matte.html
View Quote
Tempted, but the Weaver seems like a good deal at $180 with the current coupon code. May order one or the other tonight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top