Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2017 11:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mad_Max1611]
Hey all, I have a original Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 with the single mil dot reticle with target turrets on top of my 243 precision 700. I like it a lot and got it used for a steal. My only concern is that it is an older scope and i'm wondering if I should, as the title suggests, upgrade? I know that most will say yes but how much better really would say an athlon argos btr or sightron s3 10x42 be? just a couple years ago the Buckmaster was the bees knees in value.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you feel like the scope is holding you back at further ranges?  If not and it does what you want why upgrade?  Wait till your limitation is the scope.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you like it and it works for you I would say no.  Buy more ammo or reloading components etc.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mad_Max1611] [#3]
Ok, I do really like it, especially the glass quality. The only thing i feel is holding me back is the lack of hold over points on the reticle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mad_Max1611:
Ok, I do really like it, especially the glass quality. The only thing i feel is holding me back is the lack of hold over points on the reticle.
View Quote
Do you think its holding you back enough that you think a new scope is justified?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
possibly, the reticle is just very fine crosshairs and a small dot in the center. the dot makes you almost have to "paint" the target. also theres no holdover points for wind or any other variable. im looking at athlon, any thoughts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top