Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 9:35:07 PM EDT
I ordered a vortex viper pst 4-16x50 ffp for my Ruger American predator in 6.5 creedmoor and need help with deciding what height rings to get for it. Any suggestions? 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#1]
According to the website, the objective size is 2.26"

Generally speaking your ring height needs to be at least half that amount to ensure it will not touch your barrel. So look for rings at least 1.13" tall. If you want to get closer you can also take into account the diameter of your scope tube. 

Don't forget to leave room for the scope cover or Butler Creek caps
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
According to the website, the objective size is 2.26"

Generally speaking your ring height needs to be at least half that amount to ensure it will not touch your barrel. So look for rings at least 1.13" tall. If you want to get closer you can also take into account the diameter of your scope tube. 

Don't forget to leave room for the scope cover or Butler Creek caps
View Quote
Thanks! 
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
I have a 6-24x50 PST and it's fine in .92" height rings with caps and on a larger contour barrel than the Ruger. I wouldn't go anywhere near 1.13" height.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna stop by the Lgs and see what they have in stock. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top