Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 11:51:42 AM EDT
Looking for an optic for my savage 93r17 TR.

For those who don't know, it's a heavy barrel 17 hmr. Looking for an optic, of the two I have in the title, which would you pick. Anyone have any experience with either of them? Not really precision rifle but figured I'd ask here. I've got a few vortex scopes, a couple  psts and a gen 2 razor. Really like vortex products. Not opposed to Leupold
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had good luck with the Leopold 3-9.  Good, clear glass in my view.  No experience with the Vortex.  

Just a friendly bump.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RafterMan:
Looking for an optic for my savage 93r17 TR.
... Really like vortex products. ...
View Quote

Me too, have two Crossfire IIs, 4-12x40 one is on my CZ455 in 17HMR, another on a Shilen 77/22.
Had a few Leupolds in the past never any problems. Tough to beat the features on the Vortex for the $
Also have 6-24 PST Viper on my 6.5 CM RPR and a 2-7 BDC on my 77/357.

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Ended up going with the vortex. Going out tomorrow to test it out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Really like my Diamondback, glass was surprisingly good, still misses that scope now that I'm into higher end optic.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:02:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#5]
The Leopold VX-1 doesn't compare with the VX-2.

Right now, the Leopold VX-2 scopes are arguably the best bang for the buck around.

They use the same optical system as the older VX-III scopes and they incorporate very good finger adjustable turrets.  The adjustments are both accurate and repeatable and that's a requirement if you plan on doing longer range shooting.

It means however spending $300-$325 rather than $200, but it would be $125 well spent, and over the life of the rifle and the ammo you'll put through it, it's decimal dust. Buy once, cry once - it's as low end as I advise people to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top