Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2017 6:38:10 AM EDT
Anyone have info on these from first hand experience?
Besides the price point the other key fact that makes me wonder is that they have etched glass reticals.
FFP, SFP, magnification up to 32x, etched glass.... and all models under $300... seems to good to be true..
Any thoughts or info on these?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#1]
I picked up one of the covenants 24 power in second focal plain to put on my savage stealth in 300 win mag. For 250 bucks I and everyone who's played with it have been very impressed.

I'm at around 80 rounds with no issues, reticle is crisp (its not as thick in real life as it shows on cabalas website), glass is clear and very comparable to the vortex diamond back line, adjustments are positive and on the money, eye box is decent and I didn't have an issue getting the reticle crisp and targets to focus at longer ranges.  

The tac 32 reticle is very, very easy to use and with my data entered into strelok  it was dead on at 500 (plan to test at longer ranges when the weather cooperates). Buddy and his 15 year old son both tried it out and had first shot hits at 500.

The only downfalls are it lacks a large amount of elevation adjustment (40 moa) so if you like to adjust by clicks it may not be the scope for you unless you have a 20 moa mount, and no zero stops on the turrets. I like to sight in at 100 and use the reticle so this did not affect me.

I've had a chance to use some higher end optics (night force & vortex viper line) its not them, but all and all for the $ I have no complaints and plan for pick another up for my wife's 308 build.

let me know if you have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got the Cabela's AR 3-12 x 44 with red/green reticle yesterday. Installed and bore laser sighted at home today. Will be at range Thursday and report back.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 8x32x50 Cabelas on my Ruger American Predator Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and I have nothing to complain about for the price. Glass is not crystal clear but is great for the money. Have about 120 through the rifle
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RoadieWingZ:
Just got the Cabela's AR 3-12 x 44 with red/green reticle yesterday. Installed and bore laser sighted at home today. Will be at range Thursday and report back.
View Quote
Update:  Sighted in my Cabela's AR 3-12x44 at the range today. Started at 50yd to get horizontal adjusted then ran target to 100yd for final zero. Really happy with the scope. Etched retical is crisp and no noticable distortion at edges. Parallax adjustment helped clean up the image. Ran 100 rounds through during the process and the 1/4 MOA adjustments were spot on at 100yds.

Two thumbs up so far...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RoadieWingZ] [#6]
(Dupe post)
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
I read somewhere that Vortex makes them....i have no evidence to supoort that claim though.
View Quote
at least this one is made by vortex
Cabela's Intrepid HD 30mm Riflescopes by Vortex
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdram] [#8]
edit wrong place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top