Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 2:55:29 PM EDT
Ok, I'm about to order THIS (burris xtr ii 4-20x50) and it will be going on my savage model 10T with factory base. I'm looking at THESE 1 inch tall vortex rings? Or should I get THESE tall rings at 1.26 inches?

I did use the calculator to determine what rings would work and it says the 1 inch mediums will. Just looking for some advice before I buy.

I have an adjustable cheek riser on the stock as well. This is going to be my first nice scope replacing a swfa 10x.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
After looking into it more, I may go with the .92 medium ones. The first ones I linked are medium plus.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I think they should work fine. I'll find out tomorrow when everything gets here. I'm pretty pumped about the scope. I've never owned good glass before, or anything with this much magnification. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
After looking into it more, I may go with the .92 medium ones. The first ones I linked are medium plus.
View Quote
.92 sounds more reasonable to me. The others sounded high.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
Yea I think they should work fine. I'll find out tomorrow when everything gets here. I'm pretty pumped about the scope. I've never owned good glass before, or anything with this much magnification. 
View Quote
Let us know how you like it. I've thought about trying one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do. I'll be getting out and shooting it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a little update. The scope is freaking awesome. The low rings (.92) worked out great as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to side track the thread...

I have a FCP-SR (very similar to 10T), and was looking at adding the adjustable cheek piece like yours has. How so you like it? Is it sturdy/does it stay in place? Did you have to reinforce the inside of the stock at all? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks nice Bcamp!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Leemlh:
Not to side track the thread...

I have a FCP-SR (very similar to 10T), and was looking at adding the adjustable cheek piece like yours has. How so you like it? Is it sturdy/does it stay in place? Did you have to reinforce the inside of the stock at all? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

The cheek piece is very sturdy. I made it out of some .125" kydex I had. I just drilled some holes through the stock and ran the bolts through and tightened it down. The stock is just filled with Styrofoam. 

It definitely helped with sight alignment and I can put off getting a new stock for a while.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Bcamp15,

I appreciate the information!  I am trying to put off a chassis myself, as I can get 90% of the functionality I want for around $50 versus $800.  I hadn't been impressed with some of the stock bags I messed with, so an adjustable cheek piece was the next option. Even with low rings (as you found), I still need a riser on the comb. Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top