Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2017 10:32:59 PM EDT
I am looking for a base and rings for a R700 and I see there are tons of manufacturers out there and after reading a ton of reviews on Midwayusa I am interested in the Seekins and a badger Ordnance, I looked at Ken's site but there were to many options  like regular and force and I have no clue which to get. are they all made the same though? As in Material and strength and durability.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No they are not the same.  But Badger and Seekins are both good
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at Burris double dovetail bases and Signature rings.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 918v:
No they are not the same.  But Badger and Seekins are both good
View Quote

I was trying to keep it under 100 bucks. I like the badger with the recoil lug built in though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
In my honest opinion:  Cross Slot Steel, epoxied in place including the screws, use acetone to clean up excess epoxy.  No under rust ever, will not come loose ever, unless you want it to. (heat up with small torch or heat gun unscrew screws, remove base.) Do not use Redfield turn in type bases. Adjust rings to snugly fit forward edge of front slot and rearward edge of rear slot.  Shoot.  MOA correction bases if you wish.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By boltedsafe:
In my honest opinion:  Cross Slot Steel, epoxied in place including the screws, use acetone to clean up excess epoxy.  No under rust ever, will not come loose ever, unless you want it to. (heat up with small torch or heat gun unscrew screws, remove base.) Do not use Redfield turn in type bases. Adjust rings to snugly fit forward edge of front slot and rearward edge of rear slot.  Shoot.  MOA correction bases if you wish.
View Quote

What brands? The seekins is out of stock on amazon. and I have no clue what a recoil lug is or does but someone in another thread said he should get one. Here is what I am looking at

http://www.badgerordnance.com/scope-bases/remington-short-action-scope-rail-1.html

https://www.amazon.com/Seekins-Precision-Screws-Scope-Savage/dp/B00URT7200/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B4EK5MYAHWEQ3RME62MG

And one of these in 20 MOA but not sure which one.
https://www.kenfarrell.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=285
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of the 1 piece bases I bought for pistols and rifles did not center the mounting holes perfectly. Price did not seem to matter. My last base I bought was a Nightforce "standard duty". It lined up perfectly, and the screws were the right length out of the box. They are less than $60 @ Midway. Burris or SWFA SS rings are my choice for six screw rings. I refuse to pay $300 or more for rings and a base.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are going with Seekins, Farrell, Badger, you don't need to worry about it.  Those are top notch products.  Do not, go with dual dovetail hunting shit on a LRP set up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango_6] [#8]
I went with a EGW heavy duty 20 moa it was the only thing in stock anywhere. Seekins was on my list but they are out of stock on Amazon and everywhere else it is 100 bucks for the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I am sure the EGW will be fine, hear good things from others. I have a EGW 20moa riser on my AR and have no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:
I went with a EGW heavy duty 20 moa it was the only thing in stock anywhere. Seekins was on my list but they are out of stock on Amazon and everywhere else it is 100 bucks for the same thing.
View Quote

That's the base I have on the rifle in my avatar.  Have zero complaints and my next build I will be buying the same base again. Good choice OP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
While we are on the subject, has anybody ever used warne bases. I noticed the steel ones are almost a hundred bucks
         Your thoughts
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a Warne base on my Savage .223.  It's a nicely machined solid base.  Can't say much more than that about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple IOR bases that Ive been happy w/. They do what they are supposed to...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jus228:
I've got a Warne base on my Savage .223.  It's a nicely machined solid base.  Can't say much more than that about it.
View Quote

Yha thats what i though.    I have one on a remy 700 in 308 and it works just fine. i guess since it doesnt say nightforce or badger to some people They dont want it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top