Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 5:34:08 PM EDT
Looking for some feedback on the Burris XTR II 2-10x42, if someone has one with the mil-dot. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one yesterday. I will let you know what I think when it comes in. 
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, what are you mounting it on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to put it on my .308 larue for now. It was sort of an impulse buy, I will probably put together a new gun for it if I like it. lol. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got this thing in. It ended up being backordered and took over a month to arrive.

quick thoughts - seems nice, probably too big for what it is. Dwarfs a nxs 2.5-10 or the vortex pst 2.5-10.

turrets are pretty nice. Elevation has a zero stop that is easy to adjust. Magnification and parallax rings move smoothly but with enough resistance. Illlumination knob sorta sucks. Just mushy and not firm enough.

I am no glass expert but it looks pretty good. At 2 power the imagine is nice and flat, with some fishbowl thing going on at 10x. The opposite was true on my nightforce. 

illumination is bright enough, not high noon direct sunlight bright, but pretty good.

Eye box seems to be tighter than what I was hoping for.

I think I like it. Reviews I have seen elsewhere  all seem to agree that these scopes have decent glass but really good, repeatable adjustments. I looks forward to testing that out myself. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input, I ended up going Leupold VX6 2-12x42, CDS windplex.  But I'm still curious of how the Burris performs for you.  I still have another rifle needing glass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking at 2-10s right now for an AR. The XTRII just looks too big for what I want. The gen2 PST looks very promising.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top