Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2016 3:06:26 PM EDT
Cannot do much waiting on the barrel for my scope host to arrive so I was dinking with this scope. Already did a careful tracking test on a scale, it repeated perfectly over 35mil up and down the scale multiple times it came up with a tracking error of -.07%, so it moved 7 tenths of a percent less than the turrets showed, most would call that perfect.

During that test I noticed that it would remove parallax very close up, they advertise 6 meters, well they are not lying. From my testing it is 18.5'(5.64 meters), and with perfect focus at 15x magnification. Wow, I am very impressed but I have no idea what this is good for LOL, I guess it would be great for dry firing in the house.

Tried to take some pictures with my old Casio camera in macro so they are not quite as nice as the naked eye.

At 18'6", then a crop of the same image

To give an idea how small those little "2, 3, 4" down the the vertical line are I took a picture of them through my microscope(@ 15xmag), the silver thing pointing is the point of a thumb tack for reference.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This scope is on my radar for a M&P 10 build I am working on.    

looking forward to seeing further results you get in the future popnfresh.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Glad it looks good.  I've got one still sitting in the box waiting to go on my 6.5 Grendel build.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NIevo:

Glad it looks good.  I've got one still sitting in the box waiting to go on my 6.5 Grendel build.
View Quote

This one is going on my Grendel as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had the SWFA 3-15 on my AERO 308 for 16 months.  I have done lots in indoor dry fire in the hallway (27')  it does focus clearly.  I have 600yrd range at the gun club.  Tracking is alway spot on.  Everything from 25-600yard.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By popnfresh:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
Originally Posted By NIevo:

This is on my radar for my Howa Grendel.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Onlyaspike] [#6]
What exact model SWFA scope do you have and with what reticle ? I just bought my first precision bolt rifle and I'm looking for the best scope I can get for $500 or less and I'm really leaning towards the SWFA line.....I'd like to eventually shoot out to 800 yrds or so.....I've seen alot of threads where guys recommended to get the fixed 10 power....but in my mind I just don't if 10x will be enough.....????
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:37:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#7]
Originally Posted By Onlyaspike:
What exact model SWFA scope do you have and with what reticle ? I just bought my first precision bolt rifle and I'm looking for the best scope I can get for $500 or less and I'm really leaning towards the SWFA line.....I'd like to eventually shoot out to 800 yrds or so.....I've seen alot of threads where guys recommended to get the fixed 10 power....but in my mind I just don't if 10x will be enough.....???
View Quote
This is the one. Got mine from amazon for the same price(free shipping no tax)Mil-Quad reticle.
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

I have used a 3.5-10x to over 1k and it works fine but would now recommend at least 15x if one is buying a new scope anyway. 

Here is the second focal plane moa version  for $100 less. MOA-Quad reticle
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-6.html

Your reticle will only be correct at one magnification level, probably at 15x.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Love that close parallax on my SWFA.

Dry fire at a dot at the end of a hallway, made bore sighting with a laser much easier out to a target in the backyard.  I swear I could clearly see fuzz and hair on grass blades or leaves.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#9]
It's good for use on pellet guns in airgun metallic silhouette.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll throw another +1 on here for these scopes. I got one on Black Friday last year for the $560 price I guess they do every year and I think they are worth full price. My tracking has been spot on as everyone's has been. Mine has been on an SPR, a 308 gasser and on a CZ 455, the parallax rocks for rimfire practice. It's going back on the SPR so it can get its legs stretched again. Throw some of the Zero Stop shims the dude on Snipers Hide makes and these things are pretty freaking sweet scopes for what they cost. My only real complaint is the zoom ring goes backwards from all my other scopes lol.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Even with all the new offerings, new companies, etc., I still save a little cash here and there throughout the year so I can buy one or two of these during their Black Friday sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top