Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2015 1:10:53 AM EDT
Looking for opinions on the two. I see the reticle seems like the only difference besides  being about $600 cheaper. Ill be running this on a PTR-91. Personally i like the reticle on the M model better its less busier and i like lack of a full crosshair. Whos got experience with either they can share? Would it be worth the extra $$ for the rapid dot reticle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#1]
You might want to read up on all the drama on the Hide.  Folks are having issues and Steiner's response has been lackluster at best.  You're better off sticking with the Steiner M line, I'd stay away from the T series for now:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5511&t=13913660

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5511&t=13660726
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: COCKEDANDGLOCKED] [#2]

No experience with the T Series, but I LOVE my M5xi 3-15X50 with MSR!!!

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
For the love of god and all that is holy do not get a T series. My dad had preordered one of the 3-15s and the reticle was less defined than an eotech when illuminated and off it was gray-scale that blended in with everything.

Check these out though, they are a older version of the M series and are supposedly nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jim] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:
You might want to read up on all the drama on the Hide.  Folks are having issues and Steiner's response has been lackluster at best.  You're better off sticking with the Steiner M line, I'd stay away from the T series for now:

View Quote

IMO , They have an issue with anything the "hive" doesn't agree on.

The majority of negatives seem to be from newer, less then 500 post crowd, But saying a low post doesn't mean years of shooting. Just seems to be the norm on most forums.
One person "Has an Issue" every swinging dick chimes in with a Me Too!. You try pinning them down to actual experience on that product, time behind the trigger etc. The reply (when given) seems to be someone with 1-2 yrs behind them. If that.

DRAMA, an apt description.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jim:

The majority of negatives seem to be from newer, less then 500 post crowd, But saying a low post doesn't mean years of shooting. Just seems to be the norm on most forums.
One person "Has an Issue" every swinging dick chimes in with a Me Too!. You try pinning them down to actual experience on that product, time behind the trigger etc. The reply (when given) seems to be someone with 1-2 yrs behind them. If that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sorry dude but you don't know what your talking about. There are dozens of verified issues from lack of tracking, to canted/broken reticles, erector malfunction,ect from some highly respected shooters.  The T series is a complete bust and only a fool would spend money on them.  Burris quality at Steiner Prices.

They also did some VERY shady stuff to people who bough them like NOT including the promised items with the scope then forcing people to go write a review (same day they got scope usualy) in order to get their parts. So the website is full of 5 star reviews from people who never even used the scope, but just wanted to caps/gear that they were promised to ship in the box with the optic.

Burris/Steiner USA is shady..... Steiner Germany (IE Military & MX Line) are top notch.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Of the two, I'd stick with an M for the time being. First model year and all that. I was waiting for the release of the T and ended up picking up a Kahles for a great price.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GMZ:
Of the two, I'd stick with an M for the time being. First model year and all that. I was waiting for the release of the T and ended up picking up a Kahles for a great price.
View Quote

Same.  I was really looking forward to the T series and was considering one for a precision bolt action project.  I ended up picking up a Schmidt Bender as a temp solution for a .308 semi-auto, but will likely transfer it over to a dedicated precision rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Primus_Pilus:

Sorry dude but you don't know what your talking about. There are dozens of verified issues from lack of tracking, to canted/broken reticles, erector malfunction,ect from some highly respected shooters.  The T series is a complete bust and only a fool would spend money on them.  Burris quality at Steiner Prices.

They also did some VERY shady stuff to people who bough them like NOT including the promised items with the scope then forcing people to go write a review (same day they got scope usualy) in order to get their parts. So the website is full of 5 star reviews from people who never even used the scope, but just wanted to caps/gear that they were promised to ship in the box with the optic.

Burris/Steiner USA is shady..... Steiner Germany (IE Military & MX Line) are top notch.

View All Quotes

Actually i do and the one i have is zero issues.  How many sold, compared to the "dozens of issues" ?
We can agree to disagree. Mine works others don't.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Actually i do and the one i have is zero issues.  How many sold, compared to the "dozens of issues" ?
View All Quotes

There have been multiple people that have rigged test benches for scope tracking. The guy that tested the most (20+) has found exactly zero that tracked perfectly. In contrast, other companies have turn out scopes that were perfect and consistently so.

There is a reason why people that bought them for 2000 less than a year ago are selling them for 1000-1100.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I'll be passing on a recent amazing offer for a T series.  Back to deciding between Kahles and Gen II Vortex...  Excellent thread and timely
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By im1livewire:
Looks like I'll be passing on a recent amazing offer for a T series.  Back to deciding between Kahles and Gen II Vortex...  Excellent thread and timely
View Quote

If you don't mind the weight it is hard to beat the Gen II Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Thread resurrection. But it seems Steiner has fixed the issues with the T5xi. Mine is on a trainer and passed a box test easily. Hey seem to be passing the scope humbler as well.

Has anyone looked through these side by side? I have a M5xi on the way and will compare them but I'm wondering if anyone else has.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
T5Xi here in 1-5.   Love it. No issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Any more updates? 2 things are very obvious here.

1)  Steiner put out a ton of scopes a few years ago that would not track
2)  The newer ones that have updated turrets do not have any issues and track perfectly

How is the chromatic aberration on the T5Xi? I've heard some notice it more than others and that once you fine tune the focus right you can elimate it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:16:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lennyo3034] [#15]
I ended up picking up a M5xi but haven't done a real comparison with the T5xi.

The T5xi does have noticeable CA when compared to a gen 2 razor or March. However it wasn't nearly as bad as the CA from a bushnell ERS or DMRIIi. I had a thread comparing the 5 scopes recently. Here

From my brief look through the M5xi, it does not have the CA as the T5xi. I do like the SCR reticle more than MSR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top