Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 2:26:57 PM EDT
So I'm in the process of getting a 18" 6.5 Grendel put together.  I've got a Dead Air Sandman K in ATF jail.  

Is there going to be a noticeable reduction in recoil with a muzzle brake compared to a flash hider with the suppressor installed?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
i use f/h on my guns 16+ inches and brakes on ones less tha 16. i know brakes are louder but i rarely shoot with out a can, f/h dont need to be timed and on short barrels the brake acts like a blast baffle
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Muzzle brake.

You have a suppressor, can use it when you don't want the flash/concussion, and it saves the blast baffle somewhat (more so with short guns/high firing schedule). For most users, however, the fear of blast baffle erosion is overblown.

More importantly, at least in some cases, the greater surface area the brake engages with the mount (in some manufacturers) the suppressor will be more repeatable/less POI shift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top