[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lomshek:
Good info on the troubleshooting.
View Quote
Glad you liked it
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any damage to the bullet when feeding on the right side? Sometimes sharp feed ramps can dig into the bullets causing them to catch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Any damage to the bullet when feeding on the right side? Sometimes sharp feed ramps can dig into the bullets causing them to catch.
View Quote
Yeah and I'll be polishing the ramps up a bit but most of the damage it to the tip of the bullet itself.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be polishing the feed ramps to hopefully elevate the feeding problem.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#6]
Great video and I really do like the graphics.  Way more modern and stylish while getting the point across better.

SR25s and ArmaLite AR10s have used a longer mag catch shaft as best as I can recall dating back 20 years now.  I know at least that the ArmaLite Inc. ones are longer.

Have you tried a Norgon ambition catch for AR10?  NORGON AMBI-CATCH

I was thinking exactly what you were before you said it.  The ambi latch you got appears to have been de-burred in a tumbler.

I personally de-edge, blend, and polish my extension feed ramps to match the receiver feed ramps, and also take some edges off on the extractor clock location barrel extension teeth leading edges that are hard to get to.

That helps alleviate the vampire necks on my brass caused by the ejector forcing the spent case violently against the extension teeth.

Funny thing about my .260 Rem GAP build on DPMS receivers/BCG is that it feeds regular Berger VLDs like it was meant to, even though everyone told me it wouldn't back when I was looking for good bullets for shooting distance.

Everyone else I know has had problems with meplats slamming into the breech of the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Great video and I really do like the graphics.  Way more modern and stylish while getting the point across better.

SR25s and ArmaLite AR10s have used a longer mag catch shaft as best as I can recall dating back 20 years now.  I know at least that the ArmaLite Inc. ones are longer.

Have you tried a Norgon ambition catch for AR10?  NORGON AMBI-CATCH

I was thinking exactly what you were before you said it.  The ambi latch you got appears to have been de-burred in a tumbler.

I personally de-edge, blend, and polish my extension feed ramps to match the receiver feed ramps, and also take some edges off on the extractor clock location barrel extension teeth leading edges that are hard to get to.

That helps alleviate the vampire necks on my brass caused by the ejector forcing the spent case violently against the extension teeth.

Funny thing about my .260 Rem GAP build on DPMS receivers/BCG is that it feeds regular Berger VLDs like it was meant to, even though everyone told me it wouldn't back when I was looking for good bullets for shooting distance.

Everyone else I know has had problems with meplats slamming into the breech of the barrel.
View Quote
Im glad you like the video. Ive replaced the High Velocity Arms catch with a Forward Controls ambiguous catch and it works great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top