Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:41:14 AM EDT
Spent 20 hours shooting prairie dogs last weekend.  I've got my varmint rifle set up with an A2 stock.  I needed to rob the stock for another build.  Before I buy another A2, I'm wondering if the PRS is worth it?  The A2 wasn't too bad but I'm thinking the cheek riser adjustability would be nice, as well as maybe the monopod capability.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the PRS - you won't regret it. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The PRS is on the heavy side but still a sweet stock.

I like both.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had a PRS but the Magpul rifle stock was fairly comfortable but I switched it because I'm just comfortable with an A2.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The PRS is a waste of money unless you are using such a large objective you need mounts higher than 1.5. With a 42mm and 1.5 height you wont use any of the adjustable features.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The PRS is nice but damn is it heavy.

As for the monopod feature, get a rear bag, you may end up thanking me later for this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DvlDog:
The PRS is a waste of money unless you are using such a large objective you need mounts higher than 1.5. With a 42mm and 1.5 height you wont use any of the adjustable features.
View Quote
That's not always true. Every single person has a different body structure from there face to shoulders to everything else. Just cause your running a 42mm objective and a 1.5 height mount doesn't mean an A2 stock with five you the right length of pull and cheek height. My warne mount is a 1.435 height mount and I have my cheek piece up.

Scott
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
OP.

I have a PRS and while it's on the heavier side it is a very nice stock and the adjustments are very nice.

I've tried monopods and depending on what your shooting off of then can hop or skid and throw your sight picture off making it difficult to see your impacts. But my buddy swears by his on his rifle. So to each his own. I prefer bags.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll take the advice on bags vs monopod.

I checked out the LuthAR stock at a shop yesterday.  Definitely lighter than a PRS.  I appreciate the insight on stocks, I'll have to think a bit more before picking one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigdaddyflo:
Get the PRS - you won't regret it. 
View Quote
I like my prs but it is heavy so it should go on a big bull barreled uopper.

I see builds where a PRS is put on a 16" match barrel it seems overkill , just too rear end heavy for my taste.

the prs is a great stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top