Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2017 11:17:45 AM EDT
Okay....I have been thinking.

Lately, I have had a hankerin' to get into the 6.5 Creedmore.  I would have bought my Bergara in 6.5 but only .308 was in the cards at the time....and, honestly, I am a .308 guy.

BUT, that hasn't stopped me from thinking about 6.5C.

So,like I said, I was thinking.

I have a .308 MA-10 target gun I built.  It was a long road getting it right....but it was worth it.

As far as I can tell, there is no reason why I could not buy a headspaced 6.5C barrel and bolt (w/ carrier ) , a Mega MA-10 upper, a handguard, etc. and just spec out and assemble a 6.5C upper for my MA-10.  If I am right...and, please, correct me if I am wrong....I should be able to just swap the 6.5 upper assembly onto my MA-10 and run it.....

right?

Said MA-10 in .308:

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Also, what is in your PRS cheek rest?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in a simple but different situation. I recently purchased a LaRue and had he option of buying a 260 barrel as almost a giveaway. I was originally planning on pulling the 308 and mounting the 260 in it place, however the 308 is a shooter and more importantly not only the gas block, the the gas tube is exposed in front of the hand guard. 

Ive been looking and it appears Mega makes an 'extended rifle length' rail. I'm trying to figure out how long it actually is. If it will cover the tube it's all good and I'll go the same route and mount up the barrel on receiver and rail and use it as a drop on piece to my lower. 

No no need to start a caliber discussion as I know the options. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AWDeity:
Yes.

Also, what is in your PRS cheek rest?
View Quote
You mean on it?

Black moleskin.  That was the first try where I tried to pre cut to the shape of the cheek rest.  Visually, it was a fail.

Here is the current rendition: 

It placed the sheet over the whole cheek pad and trimmed it off with a razor blade and then "buffed" it with a lighter.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
2/3 or more of the cost is always in the upper. I'm of the school of thought that you might as well just have the second gun.

I have a similar situation with a maten. I have talked myself out of doing a creedmoor as I don't want to have to beat up / chase down expensive brass.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Do any Maten guys have the extended rifle length rail?  For the life of me I can't get the dimensions, most interested in measured length and diameter of gas block that is supported inside rail.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Carlhwv:
Do any Maten guys have the extended rifle length rail?  For the life of me I can't get the dimensions, most interested in measured length and diameter of gas block that is supported inside rail.
View Quote
I have a mega arms 6.5 Creedmoor with the "mega extended" mlok handguard if that is the size u are looking for.  It is longer than the "extended" handguard.  I have a 22" mega arms Creedmoor barrel.  Let me know if you want pics and dimensions.  I am not sure how to post pics though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Carlhwv] [#7]
Thanks for the reply.  It's toughtto post pics of you don't subscribe, so if you could send them as email that would be great.  What is the measurement of the rail from the attachment point to the upper receiver to the end of he rail and also the height of the area for the gas block and gas tube top to bottom and width.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I measured my rail and it is 16" long which matches the specs on mega's website (extended rail length is 14").  My mega Creedmoor barrel gas block (slr) starts at 12" and ends at 13" with 3" covered before the end of the rail.  I have a few pics with a ruler if u need them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
That's what I needed.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
What length barrel are u getting?  I also did a mega with an extended rail and an 18" barrel and it works out perfectly.  A 20-22" barrel i wiuld recommend the "mega extended" rail.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a 22" Larue 260. Block is way forward, further than I've ever seen.  The extended should cover the gas tube, but still don't think it will cover the block.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, i have two mega lowers and 3 uppers for 308 and Creedmoor.  One lower has a slash buffer and a regular ar15 collapsible bcm gunfigter stock while the other lower is a precision lower with magpuls new prs stock.  I have two longer rifle uppers for the later.  20" 308 and 22" Creedmoor which i love but shoot the 308 since it is a lot cheaper than factory Creedmoor ammo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wubaru] [#13]
Originally Posted By Carlhwv:
It's a 22" Larue 260. Block is way forward, further than I've ever seen.  The extended should cover the gas tube, but still don't think it will cover the block.
View Quote
Yeah get the mega extended.  

Mega Arms Maten 16" "mega extended"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top