Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2017 10:56:03 PM EDT
A flashhider and a new scope have made my AR-10 outgrow it's soft carry case. It is nearly five feet long. Looking for a larger case, I am thinking it will look like I'm transporting a body...

If I separated the lower, I think it would fit into a standard two gun case. I realize I'll have to be careful of the bolt carrier sailing away. Besides the possibility of losing the bolt carrier, has anyone ever had issues doing this? Mostly worried about greater vulnerability to damage or reduced accuracy.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No, break it in half if you need too, it's not a delicate little thing, if you used solid components you have nothing to worry about
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
No, break it in half if you need too, it's not a delicate little thing, if you used solid components you have nothing to worry about
View Quote
X2 just make sure you have plenty of room from the edges. I like 4" or more to kinda allow for more protection.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to take my stock off my rifle to fit in my bag. I  have 2 LR uppers for one lower, it has no effect on anything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dabster:
I realize I'll have to be careful of the bolt carrier sailing away.
View Quote
No you won't. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dabster:
A flashhider and a new scope have made my AR-10 outgrow it's soft carry case. It is nearly five feet long. Looking for a larger case, I am thinking it will look like I'm transporting a body...

If I separated the lower, I think it would fit into a standard two gun case. I realize I'll have to be careful of the bolt carrier sailing away. Besides the possibility of losing the bolt carrier, has anyone ever had issues doing this? Mostly worried about greater vulnerability to damage or reduced accuracy.

Thanks,
View Quote

With the BCG in battery, close the dust cover before taking off the bottom half.  The carrier won't be going anywhere.  The rifle will be just fine in your case like that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the good news.

Off to buy a bag,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top