Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 7:34:54 AM EDT
Got to shoot at 500 yards yesterday with some friends and had a blast. There is steel set up at 400 and 500.

This is family property of the big guy shooting in the pics.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Where's the groups? This is a precision thread not a shooting pose thread. Nice canopy though needs a bench. Extra points for mowed grass, my range looks like a jungle with the rain.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
Where's the groups? This is a precision thread not a shooting pose thread. Nice canopy though needs a bench. Extra points for mowed grass, my range looks like a jungle with the rain.
View Quote
Unfortunately no groups as we were shooting steel and not paper. Might try and get out next weekend and shoot paper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I can respect all the rifles having cans. That's a group I would want to shoot with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Very Nice!    I have little rinky dink 22LR range of 100 feet.  Would love to have a 500 yard range on my own property.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GetGunz:
Very Nice!    I have little rinky dink 22LR range of 100 feet.  Would love to have a 500 yard range on my own property.
View Quote
I'm fairly lucky in that aspect. I just built my 1000yd berm, just need to get some steel up. I currently have a dozen or so targets at a 100yd range behind my house. Then I have another range with plates at 250 and 500. Now I'll be getting some at 750 and 1000 for some real fun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't get out there this weekend unfortunately and the weather was perfect.

While shooting the previous weekend I was using a ballistic calculator app that was spot on, guess I punched all the correct info in there

I have to say shooting steel at 500 yards is way more fun than I had expected.

So now I'm hooked. Going to stick to 5.56 for now shooting 75gr and 77 gr pills.

I think that I need a new scope with quick adjust knobs? I'm adjusting the turrets with my trusty quarter right now but want to step up. Surprisingly my Leopold vxIII that I've had for more than 15 years adjusted spot on every time.
Probably going to go with Night Force most likely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top