Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:09:27 PM EDT
I recently posted my experiences concerning a LWRC REPR 308 rifle that I purchased new.  Due to the nature of the complaints I had, the "Moderators" of the website decided I should be banned from posting anything else on their website.  It's still up on the Forum in the REPR posts but I don't know for how long.  If your thinking about one of their rifles, read the post.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
So you have 3 posts on two web sites with 2 of them bashing LWRC because your rifle did not live up to your expectations.  I have 2 REPR's, a 16' and a 20".  I like the ergonomics, the side charging handle and the piston system.  I bought them for what they were intended, a battle rifle.  They are not advertised to shoot sub MOA.  I have a bolt gun for that and an a OBR and another bolt gun in the works for the sub MOA shooting.  LWRC has a solid reputation in the industry.  It sounds like you bought the REPR to do x but it does y instead and then you proceed to go on this and their website to bash the gun, the gun maker and their customer service.  Maybe you should have done your homework up front before you purchased the weapon.  I don't think the rifle is the primary issue here.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I know nothing about the OP's situation, or his post in another forum, but I would expect MOA performance out of something called a Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle.

I'm a big LWRC fan. I don't own a REPR yet though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen anything except top notch CS from these guys, even with a major leadership change.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyP:
So you have 3 posts on two web sites with 2 of them bashing LWRC because your rifle did not live up to your expectations.  I have 2 REPR's, a 16' and a 20".  I like the ergonomics, the side charging handle and the piston system.  I bought them for what they were intended, a battle rifle.  They are not advertised to shoot sub MOA.  I have a bolt gun for that and an a OBR and another bolt gun in the works for the sub MOA shooting.  LWRC has a solid reputation in the industry.  It sounds like you bought the REPR to do x but it does y instead and then you proceed to go on this and their website to bash the gun, the gun maker and their customer service.  Maybe you should have done your homework up front before you purchased the weapon.  I don't think the rifle is the primary issue here.  
View Quote
The video reviews I've seen shows the REPR  shooting .5-.75 MOA . That's pretty damn good
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cubanchurchill:

The video reviews I've seen shows the REPR  shooting .5-.75 MOA . That's pretty damn good
View Quote
  With good factory loads, thats within the range I see with the 20".  .90 to 1.15 for the 16".  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Me and my buddy both bought the 20" versions as spotters rifles. Turns out that the accuracy claims are very real. Ours both shoot under a minute fairly easily. They are utterly reliable. They have at times shot nearly bolt gun performance producting one ragged hole.
The only thing my buddy complains about is the zero swings when using cans. I dont worry about quiet so it has not been tested in mine yet.
Even though we are on to MRADS and Ballistas, i have absolutely no intentions of selling my REPR.
As for the CS. I couldnt say. Never spoke to tbem. My rifle works as advertised.
OP, i realize at well over three thousand dollars,  its tough to swallow disappointment. But i doubt id go on a smear campaign. Sell it and move on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
As I stated in my post on the other website, for a price of over $3K for a rifle, I expected the rifle to shoot under 1 MOA.  Your right about the fact that it's obviously a "battle rifle".  If I was going into battle, I'd probably be happy with the rifles accuracy.  I'm not going into battle with it and as I stated in the other post, if I wanted a battle rifle, I could have purchased a DPMS AR 10 for a lot less money that would have filled the bill as a "battle rifle".  I just took the money from the REPR and purchased a Christensen Arms CA10 that DOES come with a MOA guarantee for the same price as the REPR.  I guess Christensen thinks more of their product than LWRC.  Hindisight is 20/20 so I wished I had bought the CA10 first but that's still no excuse for the poor customer service.  I'm sure there are many people out there willing to shell out $3300 for an AR 10 that shoots 2 MOA but I'm just not one of them.  I shipped the rifle back to LWRC to get the problem solved and when it came back, it actually shot the same ammo worse.  I have a NEMO Match3.0 that will shoot 3/4 MOA so I don't think its too much to ask of the REPR.  If you're happy with your REPR, I'm glad.  I wasn't so I posted my issues.  It appears that these forums are not designed to voice your problems, just your joys.   I'm just not a REPR fan anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The REPR isn't generally going to be a Sub MOA rifle.  

Mechanical accuracy...it may be.

Practical accuracy...it's an auto with locktime you could measure using a sun dial and a piston system.  That's hard to shoot accurately.  

If you want a sub moa rifle, there are some on the market...the REPR likely isn't it.  It's a very good rifle...likely 1.5 MOA which is solid performance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top