Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 4:06:50 PM EDT
Anyone heard of Grendel Hunter. They have some nice uppers at a good price,  using Satern barrels, Maxim bolts and strike industries parts. I'm on the road to getting in to the Grendel and was wondering if it's worth getting a complete upper vs building one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a few guys on 65grendel forum that are happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are Liberty barrels, or the button-rifled line related to Satern, but not Satern single-point cut-rifled barrels.

I would have to see what gas port diameter they are using on the MLGS guns because Satern and Liberty have usually sent out .094" gas ports on MLGS.

That is way over-gassed and should be .076".

Timing will be off in many cases with a .094" MLGS set-up, causing early extraction and malfs.

If someone can measure that and the bolt length, it would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kittyhawk:
Anyone heard of Grendel Hunter. They have some nice uppers at a good price,  using Satern barrels, Maxim bolts and strike industries parts. I'm on the road to getting in to the Grendel and was wondering if it's worth getting a complete upper vs building one.
View Quote

They are not a saami chamber if that matters to you or not.  Its the grendel 2 chamber.  Not really saturn barrels but those that have used them have had good things to say about them.  I contacted the owner a few times and he always responded quickly and was helpful even as much as throwing a different forearm on the upper and giving me a weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top