Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 2/20/2017 8:51:27 PM EDT
I'm mostly venting. I bought a matched upper and lower from a manufacturer because I wanted to have them fit, and now that they are built, they wobble. Is it me, or the gun. It's a 'precision build', and I would kinda like to eliminate the wobble anyway. So what should I do:

-Accu wedge
-National Match Pin
-JP
-Something else

I tried the earplug underneath the rear takedown pin, it didn't work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What manufacturer?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
This is from engage arms in maryland.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Accu Wedge works great IMO. I've only had to trim 1, the rest were just right. You just have to get used to putting some pressure on the receivers with your hand when you take down and re-push the rear pin in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd bring the rifle back to engage and see what they say.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awptickes:
I'd bring the rifle back to engage and see what they say.
View Quote

Voted something else because that^
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Below is from the USAMU FAQ on the CMP website.

Q: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF BEDDING OR AN ACCU-WEDGE IS NECESSARY FOR THE SERVICE RIFLE (M16)?  THANKS YOU, BOB

A: Bob,

The use of bedding compound or an Accu-Wedge is not necessary for an M-16. We have fired the rifles with and without these products and have noticed no effect on accuracy. Most of us choose to use an Accu-Wedge simply because we don't like the movement between the upper and lower receivers, even though it does not affect the accuracy of the weapon.

I do not recommend the use of a bedding compound. If you are like a lot of shooters, you may have multiple upper receivers and only one or two lower receivers. You may find with the use of bedding compound in the lower receiver, not all of your uppers will be compatible with that lower anymore. Our shop formerly used bedding compound and later realized that not all of our uppers could be put on all of our lowers anymore. The Accu-Wedge will tighten up the slop between the two receivers, but remains pliable enough that it can be used with any upper and lower receiver combination.

SFC Kyle Ward
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top