Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 10:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miller92063]
Have some issues with the firearm. When shooting the casings are all landing at the 1 o'clock. So overgassed. Problem is if I go too low and even when overpasses sometimes, I will get a stovepipe. I turned the screw down completely to finish my precision shooting class but still noticed some issues.

First is every other casing or so was stuck in the chamber hard enough I had to two hand the charging handle and use nearly all of my strength to rim it out.

The second and clearly a connected issue is when I would get a stuck casing like that the casing would also be scuffed pretty good. Trying to post a picture now. Any ideas are helpful.

Third picture actually shows it being mauled. Half of my rounds looked like this wether the gas was on or off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrel Length?
Gas system?
Buffer/Spring?
Suppressed?
Ammo Type?

Throw us a bone here!  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#2]
You have quite a bit of extrusion into the ejector channel there, as well as primer flow or cratering.

Do new, unfired rounds drop free from your chamber?

Like the poser poster above mentioned, we need to know more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miller92063] [#3]
My apologies, I was on the range when i posted.

It is a gas system with an adjustable block, 18" barrel shooting suppressed. The accuracy is better than me at this point. It seems like the rounds are getting slammed into the chamber so hard they are getting stuck. Each one that gets stuck has that large gouge in it. Even with the gas turned off the marks are left on the casings. When i pulled the handle and the empty brass comes out smooth there are no gouges.

Rhino uses a skeletonized bolt. At this point I am thinking a heavier buffer to slow it down and may an adjustable gas key as well. Shooting without the suppressor and about everything ejected at the 1 oclock no matter how far down i turned the gas. Way overpressured. I am new to the AR10 world and heard they were funky. Really impressed by the accuracy with this gun so want to get it running right.

Side note; This was my first time shooting past 100 yards and was able to ring the 18" plate with a first round hit at 680 and then hit it at 1000 with 14mph sustained wind. What a feeling!

Edit; Ammo is Factory Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
You have quite a bit of extrusion into the ejector channel there, as well as primer flow or cratering.

Like the poser above mentioned, we need to know more.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

Like the poser above mentioned, we need to know more.

Auto-correct defaults to sh*tposting I think.

Hilarious!

I meant "poster" of course.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Auto-correct defaults to sh*tposting I think.

Hilarious!

I meant "poster" of course.
View Quote

Jerk.. LOL!  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
A good friend of mine just had a fucking hell of a time with one of those skeletonized Rhino BCG's.  He was a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps and is very familiar with the AR system.  His rifle was a custom build: Proof CF barrel in 6.5CM, Mega Receivers and this Rhino BCG (was using the heavy JP's SCS system).  It would not strip rounds, it would not completely extract rounds, just acting fucky.  He got tired of fucking with it and got a JP LMOS.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FALex:
A good friend of mine just had a fucking hell of a time with one of those skeletonized Rhino BCG's.  He was a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps and is very familiar with the AR system.  His rifle was a custom build: Proof CF barrel in 6.5CM, Mega Receivers and this Rhino BCG (was using the heavy JP's SCS system).  It would not strip rounds, it would not completely extract rounds, just acting fucky.  He got tired of fucking with it and got a JP LMOS.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Sent Rhino an email a few days ago, but have not heard anything back yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this the same Rhino Arms that was associated with AP customs? If so I think they went defunct a year ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top