Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 5:35:05 PM EDT
Just put a MARK 4 MR/T M2 on my 20" heavy barrel AR.  Have the scope set to 0's for windage and elevation. Went out back to test fire. Using 77gr ammo and RamShot TAC.

The red box in the picture is what I was aiming at. Used to be sticky note but fell off. Shooting very high and left. I cant seem to fix the issue (if the issue is me) no matter my hold or trigger finger. Prone with a bipod. Same issue prone with no bipod. Groups are OK.

GREEN circle is 25 yards
BLUE circle is 50 yards
100 yards I don't make it on the piece of cardboard...

Not sure if pulling trigger really bad. Or if there could be other issues at play? I am open to suggestions.

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
what distance did you sight in at?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:26:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ezai] [#2]
Really haven't been able to sight in correctly. I tried 50 yards first on a smaller target and wasn't even hitting the target. So grabbed a big thing of cardboard and moved into 25 just to see where my shots were going. Was shooting a little high and left as seen in photo. So then I moved back to 50 to sight in on the same piece of cardboard. My shots are 6 inches high and left as seen in the photo. Have the Mark 4 set as low as it will go for elevation. Have not touched windage.  

Thought it was something I was doing. But ive never heard or seen any rifle that I have do something that sporatic at only a 25 yard increase. Went from 1 inch high and 1 inch left to about 6 inches high and 2 if not 3 inches left at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
remove the scope, check all mounting screws and re installl

what mount do you have? and are you certain your not going down when you wanna go up?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
ARMS 22H Mark II Throw Lever rings

I will take apart and re assemble.

Used a laser bore sighter at 20-25 yards just to get a reference. I adjusted the scope maybe 2 clicks down and 3 clicks right to be right on the laser.  At 25 yards I was just only a little bit high but about a 1" in group or so. At 50 yards its about a 1" group but 6 inches from the target. Didn't adjust anything when going between both distances. I will try tearing it apart and re scoping it maybe my levels are junk, or I'm extra tight on the left side screws of my scope rings, or something funky.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Use a larger target and calculate your height above bore offset.

Most scope mounts/rings on the AR are anywhere from 2" to 3", with 2.5" and 2.7" being pretty common on the one-piece bases.

When I bore sight at 10 yards, I use 90% rule for my offset.

100yds - 10yds = 90yds remaining, so I center the reticle 90% higher than the bore.

I don't use lasers, since they can be way off unless you use the kind we had in the Army, and I am not placing a metal mandrel in my bores.

I just look down the bore of my upper with the BCG removed, mounted in a vice, and align with a bright dot I have pasted with grid lines above it in inches.

I'm on paper at 100yds every time, with just a few corrections for zero.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The elevation knob is held in place by three tiny set screws. You need to loosen those screws enough to allow the entire knob to be lifted off the scope. Underneath you'll find a rather wide screwdriver slot adjustment which you use to establish your base zero. I zero at 200, but many people do so at 100. Simply adjust the scope to zero, then reinstall the elevation knob and set it at 100 or 200 depending on where you decided to zero at.

The elevation knob is a zero stop model which means you dial it all the way down for your short range zero. The only decision you have to make is whether you want it to be at 100 or at 200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top