Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 7:01:14 PM EDT
Anyone else have any recent dealings with Ballistic Advantage? I contacted them last month about a barrel issue. At first they got back to me. Then all quiet (I figured they went to S.H.O.T.) then like one email since. Won't answer my emails or calls. Is something up? I feel like they're trying to blow me off. I haven't even asked for anything or demanded anything. I just want to get the problem resolved.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the issue?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Barrel only shoots about 2 and 1/4 inch groups with any of the 6 loads I've tried. I rebarreled it with another and it's shooting great now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bluedeacon:
Barrel only shoots about 2 and 1/4 inch groups with any of the 6 loads I've tried. I rebarreled it with another and it's shooting great now.
View Quote

Huh, kind of like my buddy's BA 7.62 barrel.  Thing couldn't group to save it's life.  But, but, but...it was $180.00!  Sometimes you do, indeed, get what you pay for.  Never had these issues with my Bartleins or JP's, but they cost a good chunk more than 180.00. He ended up shit canning that barrel and buying a Krieger, so he ended up spending more money than if he just bought quality at the outset.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bluedeacon:
View Quote

That's not encouraging to hear. I just got a 6.5 creedmore barrel from them a few weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet but read very good reviews. I hope you get it taken care of because I really like Aero Precision and their products.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bluedeacon] [#5]
I paid about 300.00 for it. I didn't expect bugholes from it. But they do guarantee m.o.a., it's not close to that. I replaced it with a Lilja. (Yes, it bugholes) I just want some kind of resolution. They won't even talk to me at this point and I've been nice and patient.
Update: I finally called Kyle after not receiving any emails back. I forwarded all the emails again and then called him to make sure he received them. He said they were "formulating a response" I haven't heard from them since. We'll see.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STRIKE504] [#6]
Originally Posted By steelcomp:

That's not encouraging to hear. I just got a 6.5 creedmore barrel from them a few weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet but read very good reviews. I hope you get it taken care of because I really like Aero Precision and their products.
View Quote

im in the same boat, hope this gets resolved.

ETA- got mine to the range and it shot lights out, zero to confirming steel from 200-1000 in 10 shots.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
ugh hope I don't have an issue.  Also just got a 6.5 creedmoor barrel.  But been waiting on optics on my rifle build to test it.

I have one of their 5.56 barrels and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Any update?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry guys. It took awhile to get this resolved.  Yes. March 27th, I received an email requesting a shipping address and about a week later. I was sent what I assume to be  a new barrel. I had already switched to a Lilja, so the new barrel is sitting in the box, unused, untested.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
PM me for a shipping address. I'll take that untested problem off of your hands!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
PM me for a shipping address. I'll take that untested problem off of your hands!
View Quote
Next
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:08:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mdfoster] [#14]
Do you know when you bought the original barrel? I just got around to sighting mine in that I got last December and am having similar results 2-3 MOA. I have only tried one type of ammo (factory Hornady 129 gr SST). I am planning on trying some 123 gr Scenar's and see how those do. Maybe it just needs the right load and to be broken in more.

ETA:
My barrel is one of the stainless 18" 6.5's.

ETA2:
Not intending to hijack your thread. Shot the last 4 rounds of Hornady 129 SST I had on hand. 2.625" @145 yards, so just under 2 MOA. I have a Larue trigger on order and an adjustable gas block on the way. That along with some hand loads will hopefully bring it in a little. Not very impressed right now.

ETA3:
Was able to load some 123 Scenar's this weekend and install an SLR gas block. First group 41.0 gr RL-17 was not so good(1.7 MOA), but this time it was more vertical stringing and not shotgun pattern so I figured it was me. Next group 42.0 gr RL-17 shot a 3 shot 0.515" group at 145 yards. so 0.36 MOA. I am feeling a little better now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I built a 308 on the Aero M5 platform with a super cheap 18" BA barrel (Government profile). Accuracy was around 1.25" @ 100 yrds. Not being satisfied I contacted BA and after showing them all the boxes of ammo I tested, they sent me a shipping label.  Almost 2 months went by with me asking for updates repeatedly they finally said they didn't have any of the government barrels to send me so I got a stainless premium barrel in the mail.  I am now getting around 1/2" @ 100 yrds with my best being 0.39" with A-max bullets.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought mine between September and December of 2015. I hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top