Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 10:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 63A]
So I got the bright idea to combine a Law Tac folder and a Magpul PRS stock.  This could sort of be considered a Manners folder for an AR platform.  The only problem is that is seems that the LOP would be excessive.  

Has anyone tried this ??  

If so how does it work??

If you have pics please share!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DasRonin] [#1]
The length of pull is going to be a major problem unless you are very tall.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]

LMT DMR stock is like the PRS, but for a carbine buffer tube. Means you can use the LAW folder and not have ridiculous LOP.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
looks lIke a win for LMT!!!

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 63A:

Thanks!!
View Quote

Looks perfect for my 9" 300blk sbr!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:16:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steelcomp] [#5]
Why would you need a PRS for an SBR? They're heavy, bulky, and the cheek riser is in the wrong place for a good cheek weld...and they're ugly (opinion :) )
Originally Posted By slack_out:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 63A:

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Fair question.

When shooting suppressed, with  a.308  'can' that's about as long as the 9" barrel, it gets kinda front heavy. Also, more control is a good thing, particularly when shooting supersonics with the same setup.

When using a lighter weight and shorter .45 'can' with 300blk subsonics, I could quickly swap that stock for a carbine style stock, of which I have a few already.

I like the look of the stock for its short length and precision design, to include cheek weld adjustments, but have never seen one in the wild. If its heavy and has a bad check weld, then its not for me, regardless of the platform.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steelcomp] [#7]
Fair question.

When shooting suppressed, with  a.308  'can' that's about as long as the 9" barrel, it gets kinda front heavy. Also, more control is a good thing, particularly when shooting supersonics with the same setup.

When using a lighter weight and shorter .45 'can' with 300blk subsonics, I could quickly swap that stock for a carbine style stock, of which I have a few already.

I like the look of the stock for its short length and precision design, to include cheek weld adjustments, but have never seen one in the wild. If its heavy and has a bad check weld, then its not for me, regardless of the platform.
View Quote
Thank you for such a good answer. I've had the PRS stock on a few AR's and was never comfortable with the cheek rest. Probably my biggest complaint. It has to be placed fairly far back to allow for the charging handle, but it's always felt too far back for me. Moving my cheek forward to where my head was comfortable meant riding right on the edge of the rest witch was really uncomfortable. I also found that when shooting off a rear bag, because the bottom of the PRS is flat, I couldn't make small elevation changes very easy, where a stock with a tapered bottom you simply move the bag front or rear slightly. Just sharing some of my experience.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/lmt-dmr556-stock.html

LMT DMR stock is like the PRS, but for a carbine buffer tube. Means you can use the LAW folder and not have ridiculous LOP.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/580x365/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/m/lmt_dmr_556.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for this. I'm doing a 22" now and wanted to use the prs with the law. This is perfect
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:41:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 63A] [#9]
So I Finally did get this build almost done.  Still need glass and some fine touches. My Tried and True Leupold M3A Ultra is working for now.

The LMT DMR stock is perfect on the LAW folder.
Krieger 18" Midlength bbl with a 1:7.7" twist & BE Meyers M249 Flash Hider
Noveske Lower and SMOS Billet Upper.
Geissele Super match trigger and 15" Mk8 rail.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top