Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 1:01:46 AM EDT
Looking at putting together a remage build. I was looking at the manners mcs t and the manners mcs t3 stock. What exactly is the difference and what would you recommend? I like a more traditional style stock but still want it to work well with a bipod and what not. Also, does manners inlet for the remage style nut? On a side note, anyone know where I can get a remage barrel with an m24 profile? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Give Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles a call (bugholes.com)  He has a bug nut which works the same as a remage, but is a lower profile, and he works on all the premium barrel brands.  The bug nut also sits flush with the barrel contour so you don't need any special inletting.  It seems to suit all your needs.

Manners doesn't for the nut, but it isn't too difficult to open up a little bit if that is the path you end up going down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to scrap the m24 barrel idea and just use the criterion prefit since it would be half the cost of having a bartlein made from southern precision rifles. I do see why people do it though it's a nice system if you are running a barrel burner and want a custom contour and such. I'll be running a 223 so I'm not too worried. I sent him an email though to see if the bug nut will work with a criterion barrel. I like the low profile of it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, what do you guys think about the manners mcs t vs the mcmillan a1-3?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a McMillan A5 and a A3. I also have a Manners MCS-T.

The MCS-T is the only Manners stock I like because most if not all the others have a pretty big palm swell which I hate. It feels more like a traditional hunting stock but also has the right shape in the grip for target shooting. The forend is just wide enough for use with a bipod and heavier barrels.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet thanks I'll probably do the mcs t. I wish manners had mcmillans colors! I will be putting in ptg steel hinged bottom metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top