Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 8:14:00 PM EDT
I'd like to get one for my Remington 700 5r in .300 Win Mag. However, reviews seem to be almost non-existent. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want a chassis get an MPA.  They have the best feature set and modularity. I don't think I've seen more than one of the orias in the wild. 
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gunner-1:
I'd like to get one for my Remington 700 5r in .300 Win Mag. However, reviews seem to be almost non-existent. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience?
View Quote
My only person experience comes from two fronts.  I have built two Mega MA-10 rifles that, in conjunction with JP core components are incredible performers.  I am a big fan of Mega's commitment to design quality.

I have handled Orias chassis ( which is made by Mega Arms ) in Bergara rifles and I really like them.  I do not like chassis guns as a rule BUT....the Orias is light( as it could get, I guess) and felt solid as all get out and very comfortable.  I would have ZERO issues running the Orias, personally.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
If you want a chassis get an MPA.  They have the best feature set and modularity. I don't think I've seen more than one of the orias in the wild. 
View Quote
Second the MPA.  Fantastic balance, light, and great ergos. A bit spendy but worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I run one for my competition rifle.  My shooting partner runs a MPA.  here are a few comparisons.

Pros for the Orias:
Ergo is really nice with curved edges if you plan to grip the chassis just forward of the magazine
Ability to choose whatever buttstock you like
if you torque the screws in the recommended order, zero POI shift when removing the barreled action
weight "feels" lighter than the MPA
Ability to add QD points to the side of the forend
Built in QD points

Cons for the Orias:
the one pin barricade stop in front of the magazine is not ideal (I use a RRS mount which is much better)
does not have the same modularity on the bottom of the forend as the MPA
Built in QD points are a little close together for my liking
Wish the Keymod/M-Lok slots on the bottom went all the way out to the end instead of having a built in sling swivel

Honestly, I love both chassis's and I can't really tell the difference when I get behind either of them.  I do like how all that parts on the MPA work together.

Here is a picture of my orias:
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By token3495:
I run one for my competition rifle.  My shooting partner runs a MPA.  here are a few comparisons.

Pros for the Orias:
Ergo is really nice with curved edges if you plan to grip the chassis just forward of the magazine
Ability to choose whatever buttstock you like
if you torque the screws in the recommended order, zero POI shift when removing the barreled action
weight "feels" lighter than the MPA
Ability to add QD points to the side of the forend
Built in QD points

Cons for the Orias:
the one pin barricade stop in front of the magazine is not ideal (I use a RRS mount which is much better)
does not have the same modularity on the bottom of the forend as the MPA
Built in QD points are a little close together for my liking
Wish the Keymod/M-Lok slots on the bottom went all the way out to the end instead of having a built in sling swivel

Honestly, I love both chassis's and I can't really tell the difference when I get behind either of them.  I do like how all that parts on the MPA work together.

Here is a picture of my orias:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4240/35109738480_449bbe7485_b.jpg
View Quote
SEXY!! Does the Orias require a seperate folding mechanism like the one from LAW tactical?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
wondering if this would work with a Howa 15000 short action
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gunner-1:

SEXY!! Does the Orias require a seperate folding mechanism like the one from LAW tactical?
View Quote
Yup.  bought mine from MDT.  Once folded, it does flop around unless you secure it where the MPA locks in the folded position.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
View Quote
I'm a big fan of the MPA... if you order one be super specific about the features you want, there really is no standardization, if you're not careful you may or may not get the features you want.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Beachhead0:

I'm a big fan of the MPA... if you order one be super specific about the features you want, there really is no standardization, if you're not careful you may or may not get the features you want.
View Quote
I'm not sure what you mean by that they have a couple different models, but the features are pretty standard, then there are more accessories you can add.  The comp model has a magwell cut on it and comes with a couple accessories, but most of the stuff is pretty modular as far as that goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top