Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
on a Ruger precision looking to get a 56mm night force as low as possible.  Note the rail doesn't extend past the barrel so i subtract 3mm because of this (the calulator assumes a full length rail). http://www.ruger.com/products/precisionRifle/img/models-top.jpg

looking at these rings (1.125 converts to 28.57mm)
http://www.badgerordnance.com/scope-rings/30-mm-dia-max-50-scope-ring-high-1-125.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Too low.

You need to put the OD of the objective bell, not the diameter of the lens. Also even if you had clearance at the objective, you may not be able to get your cheek low enough for a good sight picture. On my RPR, 1.44" rings are as low as I will go, and that's with the cheek riser lowered all the way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:
Too low.

You need to put the OD of the objective bell, not the diameter of the lens. Also even if you had clearance at the objective, you may not be able to get your cheek low enough for a good sight picture. On my RPR, 1.44" rings are as low as I will go, and that's with the cheek riser lowered all the way.
View Quote
Agreed.

~1.45" would be the height I would look at.  The RPR is more like an AR as far as mounts go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Seekins 1.45 height and they are perfect.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep as everyone else said on that rifle you want 1.45 at a minimum.  Getting your head in the right position is far more important than having a low scope.  The way the stock on that gun sits you won't be able to get low enough with 1.25" rings.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-AR] [#5]
Razor 5-20 w/spuhr 1.5" mount.

Perfect for me.

(MI 18" rail)

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You only put 2mm for cap thickness. That's going to be kinda thin. I'm betting closer to 4mm.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#7]
I'm using a 1.54" Geissele, and wouldn't want it much lower.

1.5" is probably the lowest I would go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top