Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 1:32:04 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with HS Precisions detachable magazine bottom metal?  I want to replace the cheap trigger guard on my Remington 700 police and was thinking of trying it since it's a drop in fit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have one in 308 and one for 300.

Good for hunting or out in the field stuff, less so for competition.

If using it for anything other than competition, I say it is my preferred bottom metal and recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#2]
Yes I do, plus 3 10rnd mags. I have several thousand rounds through mine with zero issues.

The magazines are expensive but very heavy duty.

There are better values if you want to inlet your stock 
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  I haven't decided if I'll replace it with a detachable mag conversion or just an aftermarket bottom metal, but that crappy, pot metal factory piece has to go.  I expected more on an $800 rifle.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the HS Precision bottom metal today.  I'll post here once I get it installed and try it out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Wyatt's DetMag from Stocky's on my Remington 700 5R w/ HS Precision stock.  

Pro's -
Trigger guard and mags are quality, no doubt about it.

Con's -
Mag release inside of the trigger guard is very stiff and hard to drop the mag.
Mag change works best on a closed bolt to avoid feed issues.
Not compatible w/ AICS which most people have.

Would I buy this Wyatt's DetMag again?  Yes, my alternative was to inlet or replace my HS Precision stock and I'm not doing that.  I bought extra mags so don't have to worry about mag compatibility.  Maybe I will tinker with the mag drop or call Stocky's to see if they have any input.  Now you know what I know.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Go with the Wyatts instead, cheaper and good quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top