Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2017 6:52:54 PM EDT
I bought the rifle and scope and Badger Ordnance rings  going on 11 years ago. I never shot it or put it together. Divorced and moved a few times  put her on the back burner. I lost my instruction/ owners manual for the scope. I am not a scope person. At all. I couldn't figure out how to set it all up . I was at a 200 yard range. I got the cross hairs clear but the target was blurry. I'm going to contact US Optics for an owners manual I shot it at 50 yards ( 3 rounds )  to find paper and a nickel could just about  cover the holes. I put up a 200yard iron sight target and aimed dead center. It hit right corner in the white almost off the paper at the top . But the  3 shots was 2.1 inch spread.This was against a very blurry target . It has promise. I was shooting Ga Arms  168 Sierra boat tail Match ammo. I really don't know if this ammo is worth a shit but it was priced  correct years ago when I bought it . Thought I would share. I am a novice to bolt guns with good glass. I know nothing. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:29:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#1]
Once you get the manual things will get better, if you bought it new you have two different elevation turret caps, the one with the allen key hole is used to zero your elevation turret, most people use 100 yds.  

If your target is blurry, either your parallax is not set, your ocular adjustment is off, or the scope is not functioning correctly.  

Here's a pdf of the manual for that scope. SN3 or Lr-17

ETA It is very good glass, once you get things ironed out you'll be very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I bought it new. I have the extra cap. I was wondering what it was for.  I installed and leveled the scope. Mounted rings to badger ordinances instructions  torqued to spec. The rail on the rifle might have had a slight twist . If I leveled the bubble one one end of would be slightly off on the other end. Not by much but not perfect.  Thanks for the reply.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WarDawg:
I bought the rifle and scope <snip> I am not a scope person.<snip>. I was at a 200 yard range. I got the cross hairs clear but the target was blurry.
View Quote

You have to FOCUS the Eye Piece for your eye.
You may also have to set the Parallax.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
US Optics replied immediately  . Johnny on the spot. I got the instructions on the SN3 ..   I read over them twice.. I was doing it all wrong.  Thanks for the reply's WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Disappointed OP didn't post pictures of the rile
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I need to get my son to set it up and show me how.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top