Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2017 5:35:07 PM EDT
I have a 2956-30 B&C stock, the tactical medalist with the thumb hook, that I'm going to be putting my R700 SPS Tac into. I'm getting a want to put the magpul DBM into it but can't find much info other than it'll need work. Does anyone here know just how much it'll take? I'd rather not have to ship it in but do want to use aics pattern mags. I'll have a dremel and that's all I have available right now. So if it is too much, I'll just put it on the back burner again. I may bug the only local smith at the moment, but I haven't heard the greatest reviews. I really need to get back to Florida.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy did a great job on a B&C savage stock for me.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com/tikka-t3-short-action-dbm/
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You can do it yourself with a dremel/hand files going slow.  The plastic magpul bottom "metal" is functional, but not something I would pay a smith to do.  CDI will inlet your stock for you if you  buy their bottom metal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed the magpul unit into that exact same stock. It wasn't too hard, I just took a little off the stock and dbm at a time. There are some videos on how to do it on youtube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did this.

It's easy. Used a dremel and a file.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:02:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruzhye] [#5]
I installed mine as well.  I could have been slower with the dremel, but function has been great.  I removed material from the stock and from the bottom metal itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5HgsqWMtJk
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I did it on h and s with files. It's a simple fit. That stuff cuts like butter.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have always wondered the dimension difference between DBM for a Howa 1500 and the Remington 700. I wonder if this could be modded easy enough for a Howa 1500?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top