Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 8:30:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: clubmanager1]
Questions: Worth the money? Any advantages over a less expensive 308 bolt action? Any advantages over my Armalite AR10 carbine or my Weatherby 7mm mag? I'd use it for hunting and getting into longer range shooting. Barrel is not threaded.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6666765/fayetteville-arkansas-rifles-for-sale--custom-savage--308--reduced--
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:23:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robpiat] [#2]
I recently sold one nearly identical to that for 1350. Had a Broughton barrel though. I don't think there is alot of risk in buying it as the stock/action etc are nearly the asking price. It'll be heavy though. When I started shooting similar groups with a 7.5 lb CTR I questioned the value of a heavy rifle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit, you got more than 800.00 in components in that rifle. That's a good deal, barrel isn't even broke in for a .308!

On a side note, if anyone knows that camo pattern/paint scheme, please pm me what it is. I need that one in my life!

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
How do u like ur weatherby?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top