Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2017 9:47:31 PM EDT
Ok, this is my second foray into the beginners category of long range rifles.  My first trip was a 1st Gen RPR in .308 that I recently sold to buy the Bergara.  With a 24" barrel, the BMP is long to me.  Hang a suppressor on it and 25 yards seems point blank to me.  I spent the end of my military career with M4 carbines and have ARs with 16" and shorter barrels.Attachment Attached File

I am VERY happy with this rifle.  After some "break in" time with various factory ammo, the rifle made some sub MOA cloverleafs at 100 yards with Varget under Sierra 130 grain Game Kings and Hornady 143 grain ELD-X bullets.  Hornady American Gunner brand ammo with a 140 grain BTHP was one holing at 100 yards, which is great for $1 a round factory ammo from a major retailer.  I have a Rugged Razor suppressor mounted that makes this rifle a pleasure to shoot for hours.   I'll be going out to confirm velocity next week with a Magnitospeed and get the rifle zeroed at 200 yards with the reloads.  My club has a 600 yard shoot that i just did for the first time with a large frame AR chambered in .308.  I look forward to doing this with the BMP.

I feel that the limiting factor now is the Nut behind the rifle as far as repeatable accuracy goes.  Seeing early results with this rifle have given me the itch to spend some time/money learning to shoot with professionals.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like mine.  Technically still breaking it in.. <= 200 down it.

140gr ELD-M.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I wont lie. I want. How heavy with your optic?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:43:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BravoSierra:
View Quote
Yep, looks like another solid option to add to the short list.

How about aftermarket barrels? Aren't they similar to the Savage barrel nut design?

How is the trigger? Any options for upgrades yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I know Bergara has said that its modeled on the 700 and aftermarket triggers work real nice on it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I know Bergara has said that its modeled on the 700 and aftermarket triggers work real nice on it.
View Quote
Ok, that's what I was thinking. I knew they advertised their Premium LRP as accepting R700 triggers, just wasn't sure about the B14.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyhorse26] [#6]
View Quote
Around 13 pounds with scope and bipod as a guess.

13.6 with scope and bipod.

14.8 with scope, bipod, and suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spill] [#7]
Originally Posted By Crazyhorse26:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyhorse26:

For mine, prolly a good estimate.  bergarausa lists the 6.5 24" at 11 pounds.

Gen 2 Razor is every bit of three weapoanized pounds.

Pod is a Larue Harris S, so add a couple after that.

I right-side thumb shelf it on a bench.  Decent pull keeps recoil completely negligible.

Have a SiCo Hybrid on the way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
6.5 creed out of this rifle with the suppressor mounted (Rugged Razor) is fun enough to shoot all day.  Barrel heat is the only thing that slows me down!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep the updates coming. I'm seriously considering giving it a try. Let us know how consistent it is and what best groups you've seen with factory loads.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had great results (sub moa) with Prime 130 grain ammo and Hornady 140 grain BTHP American Gunner ammo.

American Eagle 140 grain ammo is no bueno.

Hornady Extreme Hunter with the 143 grain ELD X bullet is capable( MOA or near MOA), along with Hornady 140 grain Match.

My best luck has been with reloads, so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top