Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 11:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rav373]

Was shooting this Howa 308 at 100yds with Factory and handloads, here's the result groupings.
Factory is 150 grain, handloads were 175 grains.  Grouping was better for the handloads.

Anyone out there plink with Howa 308? and whats your results if you handload?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
what specific HOWA do you have and what scope you using.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#2]
using Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 scope  -  I know picture is different.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I see a lot of vertical but your horizontal spread looks pretty good.

Try using a rear bag to support the stock and see if the groups shrink.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The Howas are one of the best deals out there right now. Just go look at one, the fit/finish and machine work looks a lot better than any of the recent Remington 700s I have seen. For the record, I am not a Remington 700 hater, far from it, as I own eight of them. Lately though, they have not been representative of their former quality in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tolly:
The Howas are one of the best deals out there right now. Just go look at one, the fit/finish and machine work looks a lot better than any of the recent Remington 700s I have seen. For the record, I am not a Remington 700 hater, far from it, as I own eight of them. Lately though, they have not been representative of their former quality in my opinion.
View Quote
I have to agree with this. It sucks remington has taken such a fall. I do wish they make a turn around some day.

Now i just wish McRee would make their chassis for the Howa 1500's like they have been saying for years now that they would.

But ya, like what was said before, try a rear bag. It should help with the vertical stringing and practice your breathing if you haven't been already.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Try taking your left hand off the gun and use it to squeeze the rear bag for elevation.

Also make sure you are pushing forward to load the bipod.

And breathing as mentioned above.

You might be amazed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anon:
Try taking your left hand off the gun and use it to squeeze the rear bag for elevation.

Also make sure you are pushing forward to load the bipod.

And breathing as mentioned above.

You might be amazed.
View Quote
Yup, forgot about loading the bipod. Most people surprisingly seem to forget that. That is one of the reasons l like the atlas bipod over the harris. It is way easier to do that than on the harris or any of its clones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top