Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 4:56:24 PM EDT
Just picked up a timney trigger for my rifle.  

It installed just fine, but i found that with the assembly mounted in the chassis, it is nigh impossible to put onto safe.  

It turns out that the Timney trigger has a little safety 'plunger' that pops out when you put it on safe.  The chassis has an extension of metal that is making contact with the plunger and preventing it from popping out.  This makes it impossible to put the rifle on Safe.  (So it matches Remington's X-mark trigger performance, har har har).  

In order to fix this, I have to either shave off some metal off my $80 trigger, or off of my $500 chassis.  

I would really rather trim some metal off the trigger, but I want to make sure that that plunger is actually solid and won't be destroyed if i take ~1mm of material off of it.  

https://imgur.com/a/d15Jl

Feedback would be appreciated.  Of note, this must be an earlier generation of chassis, I think in recent versions there has already been a recess created for the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I always opted to trim the DBM or chassis. Very easy and won't mess with any functionality of the rifle. A drill bit and a minute or two is all it takes to get a nice smooth simple for the pin to move into.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Practically every stock has to be relieved for triggers in one way or another.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
All my Manners have had to be relieved for triggers.  I wouldn't trust a trigger after hacking away at it.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the feedback guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top