Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 2:37:52 PM EDT
I've been looking at both the Ruger Precision Rifle and the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 for my first long range rifle. They're both budget priced, feature heavy and threaded for use with my suppressor.

The Bergara looks like it will be in the mid $900 range while the Ruger is around $1200 to $1300.

Help on swaying me one way or the other would be appreciated.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try to find a better price on the RPR.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've played with both,  and I'm going with the bergara. The ruger has a lighter trigger pull out of the box,  but the hmr will take rem 700 triggers. I hate that the precision rifle literally has ruger stamped everywhere. The hmr is a very solid gun and has a lot of features for the money. Plus I want something different then everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I am interested in the Bergara top feedback 6mm creedmoor too
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be surprised if the Bergara isn't as accurate (or better) than the RPR. With the savings you could get a better scope, more ammo, or both.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to get a savage 10t sr in 6mm creedmoor but the Bergara HMR is swaying me for the extra money I think it makes get be a better deal in 6.5 Creedmoor
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Any updates? I'm looking at both as well in 6mm Creedmoor. Leaning toward the Bergara.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I am also wondering the best between option between these 2.  I am also considering a ruger American predator put into a magpul stock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The Bergara is a pretty impressive rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kxlexus:
I would try to find a better price on the RPR.
View Quote
Yeah for sure.......

I just got a 6 Creedmoor for 779.00 out the door brand new from grab a gun 2 weeks ago. It was a gen2.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
You might check out the Weatherby Vanguard H-Bar RC. They are basically Howa 1500's built to Weatherby standards. If a third party is offering something for the Howa 1500 it will likely fit the Vanguard too. I have several Weatherby's and they all are amazing shooters. My next one will be a Vanguard H-Bar RC in 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll put it in a chassis.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
What are you going to do with it?

Bench rest shooting?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sschefer] [#12]
I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today picking up a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe in 300 Wby Mag. While I was there I saw a Bergara B14 HMR and asked to look at it. I figured what the heck, I need a 6.5 Creedmoor and I need another range gun so I bought it. I mean seriously, can you really have too many bolt guns? I think not. I'm taking it out to the range in the morning to see how it does. I am impressed with the action, it's really smooth compared to a 700. I paid 899.00 which seems to be about average retail. I'm sure if you wait and or search long enough you can find it for less.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sschefer] [#13]
Took my HMR out to the range today with my S&B PM II 5x25 on it. The rifle shot well out of the box. They say it takes 50 rounds to settle down but mine shot sub-moa, no flyers, right out of the box. I only took it to 100 yards so I can't say how well it shoots at longer distances yet. The holes on the lower right are from my .380 pocket gun, don't count them. The last three shots are in the lower left corner after sight in. So yeah, I think it's a nice rifle for the price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top